“Okay but could have been better”
Review of Hoi An Aly Spa

Hoi An Aly Spa
Ranked #64 of 168 Spas & Wellness in Hoi An
More attraction details
Owner description: ALY Spa is located in 49 Ba Trieu Street, Hoi An Town, which was recognized one of the World Cultural Heritage in 1999 by UNESCO and is honourably ranked one of the Asian top ten interesting and attractive places in 2009. It will take you a few minutes to walk to Aly Spa from the town center. Coming to Aly Spa you can enjoy your own pure oriental atmosphere, a real world with sublime emotion and wallowing yourselves in absolutely relaxing state. Different from other modern spas, Aly Spa with the bold orient we neither use modern machines nor cosmetic.
Reviewed September 26, 2016 via mobile

We were recommended this spa by our hotel receptionist. I picked the Vietnamese body massage which included herbs and hot stones. It was okay but it could have been a harder massage.

Reviewed September 10, 2016 via mobile

We found this spa by accident after being turned away as t others that were booked out! The people were so lovely and accommodating when we came in out of the rain! The massages were superb and just as we requested. The only downsize was the tradfic noise and it is a bit further out of old town than preferred!

3  Thank Julia K
Reviewed May 6, 2016

We had decided to go to another SPA, but the lady at the concierge suggested we try this SPA instead which turned out to be a mistake.

Granted I am expecting quite a lot from a massage, and considering this was at a very low price there are still some things that just did not cut it for me.

The towels used for us where re-folded and shaped ready for the next person (while we were still in the room).

One masseuse needed a bathroom break in the middle of the massage.

We specifically asked for the "aroma therapy" massage, which does not include hot stone massage, but even so we had to ask several times to stop using the hot stone, the hot stones were exchanged for something else hot followed by a hot towel - all we really wanted was a massage.

This was probably my most uneven massage ever, what happened on the left side of the body did not happen on the right. The strokes and technique were not those of a trained masseuse.

There were 7 massage beds in our room and they were super close. I am glad that other people were not joining us as it was very tight.

I would pay a little extra and find a better place.

Reviewed April 21, 2016 via mobile

Our resort does not have a spa and recommended aly spa. My husband and I went there and got a 90 min Vietnamese massage package (massage including various oils and hot stones) for about $25-30 cdn and person. The massage itself was wonderful. My massage therapist asked me what type of pressure I preferred and adjusted accordingly. The service staff in the front was fantastic.
The downsize was the massage room had at least 6-8 beds. Luckily it was just us in the room. The room is quite run down and the whole time during the massage, you can hear motorbikes driving by and people talking on the street. The two massage therapist kept whispering to each other and giggling in beginning.
The second massage therapist kept clearing her throat every few minutes as though she had something stuck in her throat the whole 90 min.
If you're sore and just want a massage then this is the place to go. The price point is really reasonable. If you're trying to wind down and have some peace and quiet, this may not be the place to go. Overall, it was a great massage in a venue I'm not use to.

2  Thank Theresa_tc5