“Would do it again in a heartbeat! ”

Green Bamboo Cooking School & Cafe
Useful Information: Baby buggy parking, Activities for older children
Useful Information: Baby buggy parking, Activities for older children
Reviewed April 4, 2018 via mobile

Awesome experience. Cannot say enough about how much I enjoyed this class. Van is very knowledgeable, patient and funny! I did this class with two of my friends. The class was full with 12 people. The way she orchestrated all our dishes so that we we’re constantly learning and never bored is to be commended. Totally worth it. Thank you Van! ❤️

Write a ReviewReviews (1,317)
All reviews
in 27 reviews
"great cook"
in 17 reviews

Reviewed April 3, 2018

We were picked up by Van our host and the driver at our hotel, and we also picked up other guests totaling 11 people. We were taking to the local market we were given some traditional Vietnamese hats to wear as Van took us through the different areas of produce, stables such as rice, fish, meat etc, she was purchasing the contents for the meals we were going to cook at Vans home, we had all chosen a different dish selected out of an extensive range, I cooked a fish & Pork spicy hot pot, my wife a caramelized chicken ginger stir fry, we all prep and cook together, van is very informative and it is a lot of fun, we share and eat each course, bring an appetite.
Would highly recommend.

Reviewed April 3, 2018 via mobile

This class stands out from the many other classes for multiple reasons:

- The host, Van, is passionate, energetic, knowledgeable, patient, fun and speaks fluent English
- There are no sideshows; it’s all about learning to cook multiple Vietnamese recipes
- Each class is customised to the group making it very personable (each student chooses 1 from over 60 recipes)
- Vegetarians are well catered for and get to taste meat free versions of each recipe cooked

There were 12 students in our group and we learned as we watched and tasted each orher’s creations. I was worried that 12 students would be too many but the day flew by and we all left with a recipe book, cooking chopsticks and a mandeline/julienne tool.

My 14 year old daughter had a great time too and received just as much attention as everyone else.

Reviewed March 30, 2018

Van's cooking class was one of the best experiences that my boyfriend and I had in Vietnam. It is very comprehensive, you learn about the produce at the markets, you learn about the techniques and you get to eat delicious food all day. Van is very knowledgeable and was very engaging. Best cooking class!