“The best tailor in Hoi An”
Review of Bibi Silk

Bibi Silk
Ranked #11 of 442 Shopping in Hoi An
More attraction details
Owner description: BiBi Silk is a small but excellent tailor shop in Hoi An aiming for a 100% customer satisfaction. With 20 years of experience in making clothes to foreigners. Western design and a perfect fit. Suits, trousers, dresses, tops, etc. Your design or ours. BiBi Silk is a 100% independent shop whit no connections to any hotels, travel-companies etc!
Reviewed April 4, 2018 via mobile

My husband and I have had shirts, dresses, trousers and jackets made. The staff helps you choose the design and material. They are very pricise measuring and fitting and keep on until you are satisfied. We can without reservation recommend Bibi Silk to anybody who wants good quality at reasonable prices.

1  Thank Marianne B
"tailored suit"
"back home"
in 15 reviews

Reviewed April 1, 2018

This was the best part of our experience in Hoi An. Ting took amazing care of us. I had four shirts and a dress made. My partner had two pants, a vest, and four shirts. It was all at a great price and meticulously done. There was tremendous attention to detail and pride in the work. I got the impression that they were working with us with an understanding that this is a business built on reputation over the long haul and so they took appropriate care of us. Great prices, great selection of fabric, great customer service.

Reviewed March 31, 2018 via mobile

We had the best experience at bibi silk. We felt very welcome and all request were carefully listened to and perfectly executed. The fabrics are of amazing quality. I would recommend this place to anyone that wants a professional tailor for a reasonable price. No need to bargain, prices are fair and fixed. Don't go anywhere else because they're cheaper. The little extra you pay at bibi, you'll get twice in service and quality.

Reviewed March 22, 2018

Breath a sigh of relief because you just found the best choice for a Hoi An tailor if you’re looking for great price with solid quality and good service.

If you were like me, I was overwhelmed with the numerous choices of tailors to decide on in Hoi An. For this reason, I ended up visiting around six different ones.

On the high end were places like BeBe Silk, very high prices (compared to average in Hoi An) but with top quality and professional service. On the low end were places that didn’t even have their own shop (instead just a stall) and were located in the fabric market hall. Their prices were very low but with that came rushed service and maybe one basic fitting.

BiBi silk is the best value I found. Great prices at great quality and service.

Here at BiBi Silk, you’re most likely going to be dealing with Chin. She’s the one in the photo in my review. She went from not knowing any English and working a standard job less than ten years ago to now managing here at BiBi Silk. She’s a very hard worker and she truly wants to see you leave here happy.
I really appreciated how Chin gave me fair prices from the start. None of this inflated price only to be haggled down drastically business.

First off, I loved how she never once rushed me. I took much longer than the average customer with most choices. From fabric, to design, to pockets, trimmings, etc. Other places I went didn’t even give me those options. Chin, always let me know my choices and helped me decided if I didn’t know better. I never felt pressured, only informed.

The shop is just the right size. Changing room in back, toilet, and nice front space with tons of fabrics. Her and her staff stay busy tending to the details of people’s orders there in the shop. The tailor is off-site. I enjoyed being able to sit down and check out the magazines to get ideas. I would slowly compare fabrics. Never once did I feel rushed. Sometimes the staff would even bring me a nice, cold water to drink while I debated over my decisions.

In total I ordered one suit, two sports coats, one pair of trousers, and a shirt. I had about 3 fittings in total. Chin never gripped over my requests to alter something because it just didn’t feel right.
In fact, more often than not, she would point out to me how something didn’t look right and how she wanted it fixed. Now that is good customer service that is also genuine.

Over the few days I went, I got to know Chin better and appreciated her professionalism and personality. She was enjoyable to work with. At first I only requested the suit and one sports coat...then I saw the quality and how much I liked them and ended up doubling my order because of how pleased I was with it all.

I always felt Chin went above what regular good customer service calls for. You really do come away with a great value here at BiBi Silk. If money is not an issue and you want only the best, then go to the expensive options in town. But if you want quality, great customer service, and items you’re going to really love at completely fair prices, then choose BiBi Silk and Chin’s service - you won't regret it!

(If you enjoyed this review, please give me the thumbs-up, thank you)

3  Thank aaroncolorado