“A pleasure place to stay”

Sunrise Premium Resort Hoi An
Ranked #65 of 167 Hotels in Hoi An
Reviewed 7 August 2012

we really liked this hotel because of nice room, good food, very relaxing atmosphere. The rooms were comfortable.The service and welcome in the restaurant was always fantastic. Staffs are very helpful and friendly. Would go back.

1  Thank LSM1015
Write a ReviewReviews (3,147)

Reviewed 7 August 2012

We stayed 5 nights in this hotes. The hotel food and service are good especially buffet breakfast we enjoy more. The staff are friendly even though they english not so good but they also able to furnish with our needs. Our room view so nice that we can see the swimming view from our room balcony and the pool are so big and nice.

Reviewed 5 August 2012

We planned our trip during new year based on my previous experience with the Sunrise resort chain and I was not disappointed. Given how recent the resort is in business, I have to say that the staff put forth a tremendous effort in making everything almost perfect.

We booked the two nights stay package with an all inclusive spa for the second day. My first pleasant surprise was that our room got an upgrade to beach view suite. The staff was so nice to show me around and the facilities available for us. The estate is impressive and even with the deadly heat of Central Vietnam greens are everywhere to be seen. The pools are crystal clear and the resort even dunk ice blocks during peak hours to keep it nice and cool!

Spa was also great, my gf enjoyed it very much, but it could have been more relaxing had the spa building is further away from the street. We could hear trucks whizzed pass the resort every five minutes or so.

Foods were good and I was impressed with the variety and menu changes each day. Restaurant staff are super nice and try to accommodate our every needs. Unfortunately the resort host a conference on our second night so we didn't have a chance to try out the restaurant as they only offered seafood buffet (I know, I just get really sick of eating seafoods)

The room itself is first class, it is on par or exceed every 5 stars resorts in the country and better than most of the regional beach resorts of the same level I have been visited. One nitpick was the water, it slightly salty and hot water took like five minutes to get to the faucet. It is really wasteful to wait for the water to arrive.

There were some minor issues during our otherwise exceptional vacation. The airport shuttle service is free but you must book a day ahead. We booked shuttle for our arrival and forget to do so for our departure and I would be nice if the front desk had reminded me of such. Most of the staff were very nice and attentive; however some of the staff at the reception table could have been more courteous to clients, blunts answers are not getting very far in Vietnamese. When we did the checking out at the front desk, we forgot our souvenir bean cakes on the side table in the front desk. No effort was made to inform us and I didn't realize until I got on the taxi home. The cakes cost nothing but it would have been a spotless experience.

All in all, I am very satisfied with the trip. I shall will bring our families back in the near future and look forward to this level of professionalism at Sunrise!

Room Tip: Book directly and avoid the groupon sites. We were asked weirdly at the spa if we have booked throug...
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 August 2012

Our one-week stay was fantastic. The rooms were just the right size with a beautiful view. The wooden balcony gave us that carefree beach bungalow feeling while having the pleasure and convenience of all modern fixtures and furnishings. The staff were friendly and professional and the food varied enough so we didn't get bored. Public areas were nice and airy for when we wanted a quiet moment and the pools were also fantastic. It's also a lot closer into town than some of the other resorts we looked at. We'd highly recommend it as a weekend getaway or if you have a family, one of the beachfront villas.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Nana C
Reviewed 4 August 2012

We stayed at Sunrise mid July in a group of four couples. Did trip advise this property for months before I booked, was aware of some teething problems. Where do I start! No pick up at airport! Resort had wrong flight times, spoke to desk from airport and worked out alternate measures for the transfer. They had emailed me the afternoon before but of course I had no internet access as was in transit soooooooooooooo... Told me how much to pay taxi driver ect. All good. Very apologetic when we arrived. Enjoyed the cold towels and drink. Location for us great. Hot days so pool facilities and beach were excellant after a day of exploring Hoi An. Front desk, trying. As other advisors have said they are learning and most have a HUGE BARRIER with english speaking tourists. Patience was very important here. Had a slight issue with our bill on checking out but after slowly explaining , it was rectified. Our rooms were good. Big, modern, deck area to sit out in. Beds comfortable. Views overlooking the side bay. (Better than my view at home) Although the bath issue was relevant in most of our rooms with water leaking all over the floor. One of my party were in a front bedroom on the 2 nd floor of the 2nd block (confusing I know), they found it very noisy with trolleys being wheeled underneath by staff during the night. We asked for them to be moved the next morning and it wasnt a problem. Also kids being let run up and down the room walkways at 11.30pm at night very irresponsible and not just on one occasion. Serviced everyday and everything refueled including extra water in our room as it was hot weather while we were there. Anyways the breakfast was okay. We had been spoiled at the last two hotels we stayed at! We had the seafood buffet on our first night with free tiger beer. Food okay, convienent for us as we couldnt be bothered going out the first night. The boys enjoyed happy hour each day. Got their share of free tiger. Was dissapointed with the vietnamese choices on the menu, expected alot more range to choose from. We did enjoy two lovely nights under a side Pogoda beside the pool. The staff came and servered drinks , ordered dinner from the main restarant and they delivered it outside to our own little party. Food okay, but of course we had choices so each to there own. We did do a Foodies Tour the first morning so we could start comparing. Slipped into the bar for a night cap one night and found bar girls very friendly and entertaining and I m sure we were too after a couple of sherbies. Nice area for a quite drink. Bar Prices werent any more expensive then in other resorts. Did venture out also. Bus schedule not really convienent for us. 11.00 am start way to late as especially as it was hot ,one wanted to venture into town earlier . $5.oo taxi fare not a problem. Enjoyed Hoi An immensly, For a Five Star Resort.............Sunrise my verdict is still out! I'll check the reviews in 6 months time!

1  Thank tyndo1
Reviewed 1 August 2012

We were there on a 'deal' which made the holiday very reasonably priced. The resort is new and the staff are extremely keen to please. Part of our deal was daily Spa treatments and the gorgeous young ladies worked out of normal hours to accommodate us, they were fabulous.

• Stayed: July 2012
3  Thank maxiannewhite
GMSunrise, General Manager at Sunrise Premium Resort Hoi An, responded to this reviewResponded 3 August 2012

Dear Maxiannewhite

Greetings from Sunrise Hoi An!

Thank you for staying with Sunrise Hoi An and your positive comments on our team. I will certainly pass on your comments and hope to welcome you back next year again with another amazing deal.

Warm regards
Sven Saebel

Reviewed 31 July 2012

I chose this hotel using reviews on here and I wasn't disappointed. We arrived very early on the night bus and so turned up at reception at 630am. The staff were so welcoming and managed to get our rooms ready for us just as we finished breakfast. The hotel is fabulous!..lovely big rooms with a great patio window-a bit like a mini conservatory. The beds are sooooo nice and comfy. Amazing pillows n duvet. The food was excellent..including the room service. The staff were all great especially Thuy in the restaurant. We were a family of 5 and the kids loved the swimming pools and the waves in the sea. The only 2 things I would suggest for improvement are to get a good sports channel in the bar....and second to maybe change the band in the restaurant to a pianist...music in the background would be better than singing ballads. Would definitely recommend this hotel....forgot to say, they even gave us a birthday cake as we were celebrating during our stay..

Room Tip: we had garden delux rooms which were fabulous
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family

Dear Gwyndavismanila,

Greetings from Sunrise Hoi An Resort!

Thank you for your visit. Since we are focusing on the little once i am pleased to know that you and your family enjoyed our resort and the beach. Thank you for recommending Thuy from our Restaurant! The Sports Channel has been fixed and we are now screening special sport events on big screens at the bar. A piano is a superb idea and I do hope by the time you will be returning we have a improved dining entertainment available.

Once again thank you for your time and comment on tripadvisor!

Warm regards