Green Bud Homestay
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$80
US$102
US$67
US$61
getaroom.com
All reviewslovely familyroom includeswalk along the riverhome stayold townborrow bicyclesnight busstaying nightsperfect place to stayfresh towelsminute bike rideother guestswe've stayeda lovely staycooking classmini barenjoyed our stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 24 February 2018

First off, it needs to be said that I booked just two nights at this property and continued extending for well over two weeks! I was that pleased.
Location is good. A decent walk into town or a 5-10 minute bike ride. Bikes are offered for free. Bikes are showing their age but they are offered for free. Lots to choose from so one is always available. Nearby there are restaurants offering everything from Vietnamese local food, street food, to western options like Italian. A 25 minute bike ride in the opposite direction of town will lead you to the beach.
I only stayed in one room and that was a double on the ground floor with access to a private outdoor garden area. Room size is adequate. Condition of the room is very good. Bedding is great quality, bed is ultra comfortable. The room is tastefully decorated. A/C works great. Room includes a TV, refrigerator, sitting area, hair dryer, and for-purchase mini bar of snacks and drinks. The bathroom is a good size, no separate shower area, great water pressure and ample hot water.
There is a patio where breakfast is severed in the mornings for those who ordered it. This also serves as a common area where others meet or just sit to read, relax or work.
The property feels very secure. At night it is quiet and easy to sleep.
Wifi works great except for periods late at night (quite common among lodging around the world).
What sets this place out above the rest is the service. Thi has a history of working in the hospitality industry and it shows. Very professional, welcoming, helpful and attentive, no request was ever left unattended to. Thi's family knows how to host and they are genuinely nice people.
I had the wonderful opportunity to celebrate in their New Year's celebrations. It was a highlight for me during my time in Hoi An.
If you're looking for a place that offers great value, is removed from the bustle of Old Town, and offers not only a top-quality hard product but also top service, look no further!

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 17 February 2018 via mobile

Me and my boyfriend stayed here for 5 nights as we where looking to relax and chill out after a 20 hour bus journey from Hanoi. We wanted somewhere slightly outside of ancient town for a bit of peace and quiet, and this was the perfect place. Silence at night, and a 15 minute walk 5/6 minute bike ride away from the old town!!
Absolutely loved it, the family are so kind and always happy to see you. The room was spacious, so clean, and we had fresh towels everyday. Also the most amazing power shower, my hair has never felt so clean!!! Hot hot water whenever you want it, and great snacks in the mini bar too!!
We also had a little courtyard outside our room and it was so lovely.
The breakfast they offer is freshly cooked with warm bread and fresh coffee!
Thi also helped us book our onward travel to nha Trang and included the price in our total bill, so easy!!

Could not recommend it higher. Will miss it!

Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 February 2018 via mobile

Thi and her family were so kind and helpful in finding tours or local busses. The rooms were very nice and super clean. Thi recommended two restaurants that were very delicious. The walk along the river into the city centre is nice and quiet. Thi even made us little vietnamese cakes as farewell. Try the Pho Bo for breakfast! Highly recommended.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 February 2018

I stayed at Green Bud for 3 nights and I had such an amazing time with Thi and her family. I felt welcome from the very first minute. Everyone in the family is working really hard to make the stay as enjoyable as possible. The rooms are clean, beds are super comfortable and the bathroom and especially the (hot) shower is really amazing for a homestay (it was pretty cold when I was there). Thi is such a sweet person; she booked and arranged my trip to Hue and Hanoi since I had problems with my credit card. Free bicycles (city center is 5 minutes by bike; beach 15 minutes by bike), delicious breakfast with coffee, fresh fruit, bred and egg is served in the morning by Thi´s mother, excellent wifi. Thanks for the wonderful stay!

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled solo
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 28 January 2018 via mobile

The staff was so friendly and helpful. They are a beautiful family always open to help you with everything you need. The room es beautiful and clean. I had the best time in this homestay, I’d totally recommend it.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled solo