“Great clothes made to measure ”
Review of Helen Tailor

Helen Tailor
Ranked #13 of 442 Shopping in Hoi An
Reviewed April 4, 2018 via mobile

Just had some business shirts made. Helen is very professional and also very friendly. Had a look at a dress jacket for next time, as plenty of styles available. The shirts turned out excellant and were very reasonably priced

All reviews
"caught my eye"
"amazing clothes"
in 3 reviews

Reviewed March 30, 2018

Had done a lot of reading about different options in Hoi An for having clothes made before our trip. We planned to be in Hoi An for one week and knowing that I wanted a few things made, we visited Helen Tailor the first night. She didn't pressure us to buy anything and she happily answered our questions. She had been rated highly so we returned to place an order.

I had a coat made, a jacket, a blazer, two pairs of trousers and two dresses and all up that was US$345. My husband had a blazer, a pair of jeans and two long-sleeved button up shirts for US$210. Almost all of the items were from photos we showed her.

We did several fittings - probably went back 5-6 times (my husband placed his order the day after I did). Very glad we spent the time so it wasn't rushed and the pieces could be done perfectly. We are pleased with the results but haven't worn the items yet as we just returned from the trip.

We found Helen's knowledge to be excellent and she would point out details in the photos to ask us about them, or to explain why a certain fabric might work better for the item. We selected fabrics that weren't the bottom-rung in quality so that affected the prices of course.

Not cheap as chips but for high-quality, custom made items we paid less than off-the-rack prices here in NZ in most cases. First time tailor experience and I think we would do it again. There are lots of details to consider that you might not think about if you haven't done it before (i.e. right down to the lining of the coats) and there are tons of options since it's being custom made. My husband didn't want the standard dress shirt (i.e. no starched collar, no placket) or the standard blazer (i.e. he wanted it with no shoulder pads) but they were made with these details so after the first fitting they had to be adjusted to match his order. We got there eventually. So, just make sure you're very clear in every detail - especially if you have a short time frame before you leave the city.

Overall though, we were pleased with the experience and would recommend Helen Tailor.

(Also, she accepts credit cards with a 3% fee, but we're used to paying credit card fees as many businesses in NZ operate that way.)

1  Thank teamBCtravellers
Reviewed March 19, 2018 via mobile

Wandered into Helens and she very helpful and knowledgable! Would def recommend! V happy with clothes made

Reviewed March 7, 2018 via mobile

I had 6 items made (3 jumpsuits, 2 dresses, 1 pant) based off pictures that I brought in. Everything turned out exactly as the pictures and fit perfectly. It was magical. Many of my items were a little complicated and fit was really important, and they all turned out great. The experience was also nice and not rushed. Even for the smallest thing Helen was happy to change it or offer a suggestion on the design (we had 2 fittings). We shopped around for tailors and felt like Helen offered the best value and quality we could find. Prices are very reasonable. Thank you, Helen!

1  Thank Allison P
See more reviews
Reviewed March 7, 2018 via mobile

We were recommended to Helen's shop after visiting Buffalo Leather. In all the larger tailor shops we visited before, the staff were unhelpful and quoted us very high prices. Helen gave reasonable prices right away and was able to make everything we wanted including blazers, shirts, and custom dresses. My girlfriend and I weren't totally happy with some clothes the first time around but Helen worked with us to make everything perfect and wasn't bothered that we had to come back 3 or 4 times. She also was able to arrange shipping everything home for us which saved us a lot of time. I'm already thinking about ordering more clothes once we're home.