“Terrible - Go elsewhere”
Review of Amherst Buffet

Amherst Buffet
Ranked #53 of 157 Restaurants in Amherst
Reviewed June 30, 2018 via mobile

Everything from the staff to the food was nasty.

They were good years ago, but have made so many cut backs, that it shows in the quality of the food and horrible service.

Save yourself the upset stomach and go elsewhere.

Nasty, crusty, cold food with terrible service to boot.

Reviewed May 14, 2018

Once again I had Mothers Day lunch at this buffet. Everything I tried was delicious. I tried hard to at least sample everything that looked good to me, but was unable to because of the large number of dishes they offer. My only complaint is that the guy cooking the mongolian grill was a bit grumpy. He picked up the tip jar and shook it in my direction with a grouchy look on his face. I ignored him.............its not like I had any money on me, anyways. I watched him prepare my food and thanked him graciously, but that type of behavior is uncalled for.

There are some of the usual things about Chinese restaurants that I have come to expect: some of the workers are unfriendly, some of the food is not labelled (I would think they would want to label it so that people do not take stuff they do not like, which would then be wasted) and the ice cream freezer really needed attention. EVEN SO, I will go to this restaurant in the future, for the huge selection, attractive price and good food!

Reviewed April 27, 2018

i just returned from Amherst Buffet and I was appalled by the treatment that I received from the greeter/manager. The greeter/manager is a very nasty person. I brought my daughter to the restaurant because she was hungry and she requested to eat at the buffet. I was not hungry. When my daughter and I arrived I told the greeter/manager that only my daughter was going to eat. She asked me in a nasty way about half a dozen times after I was seated with my daughter if I was eating too and I clearly stated that I was not eating and only paying for my daughters meal. The greeter/manager came by several more times while my daughter was eating and asked me again in a loud, nasty way if I was eating, which was very embarrassing to me. I told her, "No" and not to ask again. The greeter/manager also was nasty to the employees, several times barking out orders as if she was a superior person. I complained to the owner and received a very begrudging apology. Just for these reasons, I think no one should patronize this restaurant. It is being run by people who are not caring or considerate of others, including the customers.

Reviewed January 8, 2018 via mobile

This was the second time we visited this restaurant. We found this place last year and we are still very pleased with their weekend buffet (seafood). You get Oysters, Mussels, Clams, Crab Legs, Crab, Cray Fish, Jumbo Shrimps, Shrimps, Scallops, and more for a very reasonable price. We will definitely be back.

Reviewed December 20, 2017

Well here we go again.
Fasten your seatbelts. The plot thickens.
Walked into the Amherst Buffet at 3:12 PM on Monday December 18th.
Sign on door said lunch available to 3:30PM.
Greeted by manager ( maybe owner ) - who knows. He's the guy you always hear yelling a lot.
I stated that we will have 2 senior lunch. Two additional will join later for dinner. He stated, NO. It is dinner for you.
Dinner prices now.
I said lunch till 3:30PM.
He said you want food it is $4. more each per plate.
He said if you want lunch, you must finish in 15 minutes and leave.
???$#@!$%^^&&*^^%$#$????????
What? He then motioned with his hands as if to pretend a utensil was in his hands and fake food being eaten rapidly. This is to show if I want lunch price, eat quick and get out.
He also said food changed over to dinner at this time.
P.S. I didn't see anybody changing anything over. Over 90% of everything is the same thing from lunch anyways.
I looked at him and loud enough so many could hear, " You have a lot of competition out there and I will now go elsewhere"
We immediately left and enjoyed a wonderful meal at Lunch time prices at a restaurant in the Plaza. Note: Arrival before 4PM means they honor their advertising.
So. Buyer Beware. New rules at Amherst Buffet.
Be prepared to be thrown out of restaurant- LITERALLY- if your eating lunch after 3:30PM.
Note: we never eat the items offered for dinner because 1.) the crab legs bin is empty most of the time, and the additional dinner choices are not to my liking.
OR.
Pay additional ransom of $4.00 more during the week to keep your body there.
Are you ____ kidding me? ( you fill in the blank)

1  Thank caloriecounter1

Been to Amherst Buffet? Share your experiences!