“Good sushi and Udon”

Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 19 April 2016 via mobile

Food was very good, as was the service. Came late and we're accommodated nicely. The drinks were a bit weak, but we'll go back for the food.

Reviewed 17 April 2016 via mobile

I enjoyed the sashimi; my family's hibachi & sushi bento dinners were also tasty. The also have hibachi tables, but while we were seated immediately in the dining room, we were told there was an hour + wait for the hibachi tables. The bar is hopping! If you're looking for quiet, maybe ask to be seated away from it!

Reviewed 7 March 2016

I've been to Kyoto for many birthday celebrations, sushi lunches and group dinners. I never choose the restaurant for myself, but I always seem to end up there a few times each year for one reason or another. I enjoy their food, but there are definitely better sushi/hibachi restaurants in Buffalo.

Their specialty sushi rolls aren't super innovative. I tend to prefer sushi menus that have some unique options. That being said, the sushi is always fresh and satisfying! My favorite thing to order is the Rainbow Roll. It's always very good.

My main complaint about Kyoto is the service. It could definitely use improvement. I've gone to Kyoto for hibachi dinner several times and I've never had good service. They always seem to be understaffed and stressed during dinner time on the weekends.

During my most recent visit, my group sat down for a hibachi dinner on a Saturday night. We saw our server maybe twice. We had to ask for refills, drinks and sauces multiple times. It wasn't her fault because she seemed very busy! I just wonder why they don't schedule a few extra people to work during their busy hours.

The hibachi dinners ARE fun, especially with a large group. The chefs are always very enthusiastic and entertaining. They interact with the patrons and never fail to make everybody laugh. You can tell that they enjoy their jobs! If all of their employees were like the chefs, I would be a much bigger fan of Kyoto!

Reviewed 15 February 2016 via mobile

I love Japanese food, but this place really needs to work on providing better food and service. We ordered the shrimp & vegetable tempura lunch boxes and three different kinds of sushi rolls, and I couldn't say that anything was excellent. The decor was nice and the koi pool was beautiful, but that is as positive as I can be. We waited 20 minutes for tea and water in a nearly empty restaurant at 1pm on a week day. The shrimp tempura was under cooked and greasy, and the crunchy/spicy tuna and salmon rolls were gooey. When presented with my bill they had added an automatic 18% gratuity. Do your self a favor and keep on looking. Good food and service at a reasonable price is to be had, but unless this restaurant significantly changes what happens on the floor or in the kitchen, it won't be found here!

2  Thank Tom M
Reviewed 15 February 2016

Everytime my husband and I wanted to go out for hibachi and didnt want to travel out to Shogun , we found this place much better in price and a more comfortable place to dine. Now that Shogun has closed down kyoto will always have our business.