“Great meal with friends.”
Review of Sun Cuisine

Sun Cuisine
Ranked #40 of 165 Restaurants in Amherst
Reviewed March 13, 2017

The miso soup was super! The black rice sushi was special. We enjoy this well decorated restaurant, you will too!

Date of visit: March 2017

Reviewed March 13, 2017

We went to the new Sun restaurant with family and friends having been to the Sun on Niagara street previously much to our liking. This place will do well.! We ordered a bunch of appetizers that were all delicious! It was a friday night and it was very busy, but we were seated quickly. Everyone liked their entrees but myself, as i got a salad with beef that i just didn't care for. The food came slowly, probably due to the crowd, but we didn't mind as it gave us time to chat. All in all, it was a good experience, staff is friendly, place is nice, and we will definitely return!

Date of visit: January 2017
Reviewed March 8, 2017

The other Sun restaurant in Buffalo has always received rave reviews but we never made it to that one. So when this Sun Restaurant opened in Williamsville, near where we live, we made it a point to stop by. The restaurant used to be a pizza restaurant and the new owners did a great job of redecorating. It is a good size place but they managed to make it cozy and comfortable. I don't recall exactly what my husband and I had to eat, but we ate it all! The have a large selection of Black Rice choices, which I believe are sushi items. Not being a sushi lover we didn't try any of those. We did get one item that was cooked and delivered to the table in a small clay pot. Very tasty! Will go again!

Date of visit: February 2017
Reviewed February 15, 2017

Had dinner there tonight. Absolutely delicious. I had a Burmese dish and sushi. One of our party of three said it was the best sushi he has ever had. The use of black rice for the sushi works very well. I love Thai food so next visit (very soon) I will order Thai. This will now be our go to place! One of us is a vegetarian and she was delighted at all the choices she had. I agree with one of the prior reviews in that service needs some attention. Although the service was friendly it lagged a bit.

Date of visit: February 2017
1  Thank LadyJane1014
Reviewed January 29, 2017

Been wanted to try SUn at their Niagara location and was excited to see that they opened a second location on Main and Evans in Williamsville. Actually went twice in one week. The first time, not busy at all on a Weds, night. They had just announced their grand opening so when I went back on Friday we made sure to make a reservation and rightly so, it was a full house.

One thing that is a little different with their service. They do not come back to the table quickly to ask for your drink order. They give you time to review the menu and then come to ask from your order with drink order. So you feel like you are waiting a bit to be waited on. But the drinks then come out very fast and the food as well.

On both visits we ordered the Lobster roll and mango roll! I could live for the rest of my life just eating these two items! Main course of Thai, Basil Rice with chicken was incredible as well. Also, my friend and I shared a clay pot, which was filled with delicious seafood, and rice noodles. The flavors are so delightful and are delicately balance to culinary perfection.

*Remember, when you order a meal as mildly spicy, Burmese food is spicy. So you will still get a little kick with mild spices. Try it!!

Date of visit: January 2017

Been to Sun Cuisine? Share your experiences!