“Why do they offer call ahead seating if they make you wait anyway?!?”
Review of Outback Steakhouse

Outback Steakhouse
Ranked #29 of 165 Restaurants in Amherst
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed August 13, 2018

We only went here because we had a gift card. Last time we tried to eat here the wait was 90 minutes and they recommended call ahead seating to get our name on the list. I put our name on the list 3 HOURS before we arrived. We waited another 15 minutes for a table while other groups that did not call ahead were seated before us. I would have walked out had the gift card not been an anniversary gift. The waiter was very nice and really tried to make things up to us by offering a free dessert. However we still waited quite awhile for our food eating well after people who were seated after us. I wasn’t thrilled with the value either. For over $20 for a steak and fries, I shouldn’t have left hungry. I understand meat is sold by weight, but I should have had more than 15 fries on my plate. No reason I can think of that we would return.

Reviewed July 22, 2018

We have been here before and the food was awful. Steak had crunchy things in it, waitstaff was not accommodating. It has changed. Our steaks were perfection. The waitstaff was still not terrific but the food was so much better,. I would return.

Reviewed June 28, 2018

Our party of 4 got off the road after more than 5 hours of travel, starving. Of all the restaurant choices in the area, we selected this Outback Steakhouse. The service was fine, and the food was good. That is until we found an ant crawling across the bread plate in the center of the table as we were eating. My mother quietly told the server who quickly took the plate from the table. She returned, apologizing, but said there was nothing she could do. She said that since the bread came right out of their ovens, she was not sure from where the ant came. We felt that a manager should have addressed us, at the least, but Kari, the manager on duty, did not come to our table at all. It is a shame that we spent $100 on food, soft drinks, and tip but were not given the common courtesy for a manager to speak with us about an insect in our food. For this, I will not recommend this restaurant nor return to this location.

Reviewed April 10, 2018

my friend suggested going to Outback Steakhouse and I agreed. The place was NOT at all busy right around noon when we arrived. Our server, Jessica, was friendly and very attentive. We both ordered a six ounce sirloin dinner, I think it was $13.49. It came with two sides and bread. We were happy with everything.

Reviewed March 12, 2018

We do a lot of traveling and wanted a great steak after a busy day of sightseeing. The Outback has amazing steak, loves of bread, fresh broccoli, and good cold beer. If you are in the area, check out this place and you will not be disappointed. Love going there. Great service to boot.

Been to Outback Steakhouse? Share your experiences!