“Great food, nice and attentive waitstaff and good prices”

Red Pepper Chinese-Vietnamese
Ranked #7 of 154 Restaurants in Amherst
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed August 1, 2017 via mobile

This place is a favorite of my parents. Normally I disagree on what they consider decent tasting food but they were right on with this one. Not a fancy place, very small restaurant but the food is pretty good. If you want some fried rice that doesn't taste like the awful kind at the mall foodcourts then give this place a try. Very flavorful beef fried rice, general tso chicken was good ( I liked that it was more chicken instead of a tiny piece of chicken in a ton of breading), wonton soup was good and the orange chicken was delicious. I like that they serve tea with your meal too. The waiting time for food was fast and the servers were very nice and attentive. We will be back for sure!

Reviewed July 12, 2017

Usually I am not fond of Chinese food but my family loves this place I decided to try (mainly for them) and what a treat. The food was delicious; the portions large The server was very nice and the restaurant is pleasant I will be going again SOON

Reviewed July 12, 2017

One of my favorite Chinese places in Buffalo. Good food and friendly staff. The outside is not the prettiest to look at, but worth going inside.

Reviewed June 21, 2017

This little restaurant in a strip plaza on Maple Road has excellent Chinese food. It's not the typical strip plaza Chinese take-out restaurant, but a pleasant sit-down restaurant with quick and friendly service and ample portions for sharing. It gets a little crowded on the weekends so reservations are recommended. It's one of my favorite places to go to when I get the craving for Chinese food.

Reviewed June 19, 2017 via mobile

I don't understand the 5 star reviews on this one. Beginning with the noodles you dip in the hot mustard and sweet sauce all flat tasting. The Generals chicken was all coating and a flat tasting sauce, very little chicken. My wife's dinner was also tasteless. The interesting fact is we never discussed during dinner how tasteless the food was until we got back into the car.