“Great crab legs! (Since the Joe Crab Shack on Sheridan Dr closed down”
Review of Red Lobster

Red Lobster
Ranked #31 of 168 Restaurants in Amherst
Price range: US$0 - US$20
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed November 14, 2017 via mobile

Great restaurant close to Bouevard Mall. The decor is dated and it is somewhat dark inside but once the food arrives we were very pleased. Appetizers were Lobster Bisque and Clam chowder. Both were excellent. For the main course we ordered the snow crab dinner (since the nearby Joes Crab Shack closed down in April 2017). On the menu it only lists 1 pound of crab legs but asking revealed that there is also a 2 pound snow crab dinner...for a few reasonable dollars more. The legs were excellent, served freshly boiled and hot. For 2 adults, 2x 2 pound snow crab dinners with 2 soups $70 pre tax. Will visit again! FYI you have to park behind the restaurant as only a few spota in front

Date of visit: November 2017

Reviewed October 9, 2017 via mobile

I gave this place a second chance, I won't give it a third. Waited 40 mins for bad food and subpar service. Empty dirty tables while people wait over 30-40 mins to be seated. Slow service, food presentation bad, watered down drinks are like drinking juice flavored water. After a 40 min wait, we waited an additional 25 mins for food. The food shown on the menu is not what was presented. The Shrimp Lettuce Wrap came with a half of lettuce head (a chunk) instead of being shredded or wrapped (as shown and prepared at other RL restaurants). The excuse? "That's how they do it now." (Blank stare) I had a dried up piece of salmon that looked like a brown piece of wood and a table spoon of rice. My husband had 2 watered down drinks and the frozen drink machine wasn't working so no pina colada for me. For the long wait and bad food experience, I don't recommend this place. I won't be back here to waste my time or money. I might try a different location. I've never been to a bad RL until this one.

Date of visit: October 2017
Reviewed October 3, 2017 via mobile

We had a great time the food was really good the waitress was excellent we will definitely go back to that location again

Date of visit: October 2017
Reviewed September 9, 2017 via mobile

Enjoyed a wonderful lunch of a Nashville Hot Shrimp with French fries and a side salad with blue cheese dressing. A dessert of chocolate drizzle cake with ice cream was exceptional. Enjoyed the shrimp and plan to return next Friday for the endless shrimp promotion. Deborah was an outstanding polished and veteran server that provided friendly,. prompt, and efficient service. Lisa Hyder was an outstanding service manager who came by the table several times to make sure that the meal was excellent, and it was. Looking forward to my return visit next Friday!

Date of visit: September 2017
Reviewed March 4, 2017 via mobile

Had great service from Jesse.. We all had the Ultimate Feast. Crab legs are awesome! Lobster tender. Of course shrimp perfect. Try a Bloody Mary!

Date of visit: March 2017
1  Thank redsnapper69

Been to Red Lobster? Share your experiences!