All reviews fire pit the wall street journal solid wifi small bistro family emergency niagara falls top floor softball tournament room was clean left turn quick check nice hotel busy road front desk staff hot tub would stay again minute drive
Reviewed September 10, 2017 via mobile

We very rarely stay at anything other than Marriott branded properties. We have stayed at this property in the past without incident. This time, however, one of the beds had been made up with a bloody comforter. When we called the front desk we were told that someone would be sent up, but no one came up. When we went to the manager she told us that there was nothing she could do to accommodate us because "these things happen". When I suggested they should refund some of our rate I was offered a free cup of Starbucks coffee. I declined because I felt that was not enough for having lost the use of half of the room for the night. The managers attitude towards our displeasure could have easily assuaged my disappointment, but she was rather nasty about it. Love Marriott, but really disappointed in this property/management.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Gina G
Kate D, General Manager at Courtyard Buffalo Amherst/University, responded to this reviewResponded September 12, 2017

Good Morning,

I sincerely apologize for the stained comforter that you had in your guestroom. This is not the Marriott standard that we want to portray to our guests. I appreciate you bringing this to my attention so that we can improve on our services for our customers. We always strive to provide our guests with exceptional customer service and in this case we fell short. I hope that we have another opportunity to serve you better the next time your travels bring you to Buffalo!

Warm Regards,

Kate

Reviewed August 18, 2017

We stayed here for one night for a girls weekend in Niagara Falls with my 2 daughters. I have stayed in Niagara Falls before, but after much research, chose this property because of the location and the quality of the hotel. Lower quality hotels in Niagara Falls were much more expensive, and not nearly as nice. Easy on/off from I-290. Front desk was friendly, quick check-in/out, rooms clean and spacious. Great lobby. The Bistro looked very nice but we didn't stay long enough to experience it. Outdoor courtyard with fire pit was great.

The only negative would be the restaurant suggestions. The front desk provided a list of eateries, but they were local establishments, some of which were rather small or pricey. I had been to the area before and recalled more options on Maple Rd, so we headed that way and found it to be closer and easier to get to. We chose Brick House Tavern and Tap and loved it. They have indoor and outdoor seating.

We will definitely stay here again!

Reviewed August 15, 2017

me and my family stayed at the BUFFALO / AMHERST COURTYARD BY MARRIOTT and for the price you would think there would be cleaner rooms more friendly staff on our first nights stay there was a awful smell it would come and go we didnt think much about it we was tired from our long drive the nene day my son and husband got up sick my son was pucking so i called the front desk and told them they then switched us to another room that there was big spider in window seal in the inside my husband trapped them in with napkins i told them at front desk they didnt seem to care to much so everyone who stays there check your window the spiders looked like brown recluse spiders and yes i took pics of the dead bugs and could not get spiders they ran in window hole i will never stay there again we just over looked it all but that place in my words need to be cleaner

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Kate D, General Manager at Courtyard Buffalo Amherst/University, responded to this reviewResponded August 16, 2017

Good Evening,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback from your stay. I apologize that you experienced multiple issues while staying at our property. We have shared your comments with our management team so that we can improve our service and offerings. I hope that we will be able to serve you better should your travels bring you back to Buffalo. We appreciate you bringing these items to our attention. Have a good evening.

Kate

Reviewed August 11, 2017

Stayed here 2 years ago and was disappointed that the Wall Street Journal was unavailable...mentioned on a review and I was delighted to find in the lobby, albeit no longer delivered to rooms of Rewards guests. Place is most clean; smells good. Rooms are open and minimalists comfortable. Amenities like teas and coffees in room. Quiet as most rooms face a wooded area. Nice eating area run by Starbucks with healthy food offerings. Staff was most helpful assisting me with boarding pass retrieval. Could not get so she called airline to ascertain issue. Fantastic!!!! Close to interstate. Challenge at night to see wee courtyard sign on Sheridan Drive. Going east look for Cadillac dealing to turn at night.

Room Tip: get room facing back/side of hotel
Reviewed August 8, 2017

Very nice hotel. We stayed only for one night and everything was great. The rooms were clean as well as the pool area. We were the only ones in the pool which was nice. The only complaints I have is the staff could have been friendlier and I would have preferred a complimentary breakfast. They do have a café there but we just ate breakfast somewhere else.