US$170
US$83
US$76
US$124
CandlewoodSuites
Comfort Inn University(Amherst)(Great Value!)
US$88
US$179
Homewood
US$81
Sleep Inn(Amherst)(Great Value!)
US$99
US$161
All reviewsfire pitfront deskthe wall street journalsolid wififamily emergencyniagara fallstop floorsoftball tournamentroom was cleanleft turnquick checknice hotelbusy roadwould stay againminute driveshower headeasy access
Reviewed October 16, 2017

The staff at the courtyard so very accommodating, friendly and seemed genuinely happy to help with anything, they even let us get coffee early Sunday Morning before the Bistro was open. Our room was clean, spacious, and the mattresses were very comfortable.

Room Tip: We were on the second floor, our room was very quiet, although I do not know how many rooms around us were occupied.
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed October 8, 2017 via mobile

Had some business in the Buffalo area. Usually stay at the Marriott on Millersport Hwy but decided to give Thai property a try.

First let me say all and every employee that works here is very nice and helpful. Truly nice folks.

My first room discovered a Tolkien that would not stop filling with water. This was after all bags were unpacked. Called front desk and they immediately got me a new room on the same side of the hotel. A preferred side which overlooks a large open field versus the side which faces the interstate. Great.

Next day, left the room and hotel at 12:30 pm only to return at 5:00 pm to discover the room not services. So went down to the front desk to ask for the room to be cleaned with fresh towels and bed made up only to learn all housekeeping staff left for the day.

The front desk clerk was so nice and could not apologize enough. Arranged for a hotel worker to get fresh towels and pick up trash. She even offered to make up to bed herself. I thanked her but said I would make up the bed myself. No problem, do that every day. She immediately gave me vouchers for free breakfast for the remaining two days.

Nice attentive service, but really, how can a room be forgotten to be cleaned? And honestly the rooms while neat could use a real deep cleaning including carpets and the tub area.

Convenient location and again really nice staff but management need to attend to matters mentioned and I would suggest additional staff in the evening hours as I think employees and and staff could be augmented.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
Kate D, General Manager at Courtyard Buffalo Amherst/University, responded to this reviewResponded October 10, 2017

Good Evening,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback from your stay. I apologize you had issues with the first guestroom you were given and that your second room was not cleaned. Our management team has gone over your comments so that we can address them with our staff and improve. I appreciate you bringing these items to our attention and I thank you for the kind words you gave about our staff service.

We hope to serve you better the next time your travels bring you to Buffalo!

Reviewed September 10, 2017 via mobile

We very rarely stay at anything other than Marriott branded properties. We have stayed at this property in the past without incident. This time, however, one of the beds had been made up with a bloody comforter. When we called the front desk we were told that someone would be sent up, but no one came up. When we went to the manager she told us that there was nothing she could do to accommodate us because "these things happen". When I suggested they should refund some of our rate I was offered a free cup of Starbucks coffee. I declined because I felt that was not enough for having lost the use of half of the room for the night. The managers attitude towards our displeasure could have easily assuaged my disappointment, but she was rather nasty about it. Love Marriott, but really disappointed in this property/management.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Gina G
Kate D, General Manager at Courtyard Buffalo Amherst/University, responded to this reviewResponded September 12, 2017

Good Morning,

I sincerely apologize for the stained comforter that you had in your guestroom. This is not the Marriott standard that we want to portray to our guests. I appreciate you bringing this to my attention so that we can improve on our services for our customers. We always strive to provide our guests with exceptional customer service and in this case we fell short. I hope that we have another opportunity to serve you better the next time your travels bring you to Buffalo!

Warm Regards,

Reviewed August 18, 2017

We stayed here for one night for a girls weekend in Niagara Falls with my 2 daughters. I have stayed in Niagara Falls before, but after much research, chose this property because of the location and the quality of the hotel. Lower quality hotels in Niagara Falls were much more expensive, and not nearly as nice. Easy on/off from I-290. Front desk was friendly, quick check-in/out, rooms clean and spacious. Great lobby. The Bistro looked very nice but we didn't stay long enough to experience it. Outdoor courtyard with fire pit was great.

The only negative would be the restaurant suggestions. The front desk provided a list of eateries, but they were local establishments, some of which were rather small or pricey. I had been to the area before and recalled more options on Maple Rd, so we headed that way and found it to be closer and easier to get to. We chose Brick House Tavern and Tap and loved it. They have indoor and outdoor seating.

We will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed August 15, 2017

me and my family stayed at the BUFFALO / AMHERST COURTYARD BY MARRIOTT and for the price you would think there would be cleaner rooms more friendly staff on our first nights stay there was a awful smell it would come and go we didnt think much about it we was tired from our long drive the nene day my son and husband got up sick my son was pucking so i called the front desk and told them they then switched us to another room that there was big spider in window seal in the inside my husband trapped them in with napkins i told them at front desk they didnt seem to care to much so everyone who stays there check your window the spiders looked like brown recluse spiders and yes i took pics of the dead bugs and could not get spiders they ran in window hole i will never stay there again we just over looked it all but that place in my words need to be cleaner

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Kate D, General Manager at Courtyard Buffalo Amherst/University, responded to this reviewResponded August 16, 2017

Good Evening,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback from your stay. I apologize that you experienced multiple issues while staying at our property. We have shared your comments with our management team so that we can improve our service and offerings. I hope that we will be able to serve you better should your travels bring you back to Buffalo. We appreciate you bringing these items to our attention. Have a good evening.