Movenpick Resort & Residences Aqaba
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
Mina Hotel(Aqaba)
2,069 results
All reviewsmr hanisea grillprivate beachthe palm courthealth clubmain buildingmovenpick resortmany thanksupgraded to a suitehousekeeping staffduty managerroom servicespecial thanksexcellent hotelsea viewdead seanice beach
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Hamdi he is the one mange the Breakfast in the morning and he make supries for us my father was his Birthday and Hamdi Make us very happy thank you for all staff work in Breakfast and thanks for mangment

Stayed: April 2018
Dan B, General Manager at Movenpick Resort & Residences Aqaba, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Dear Meda,

I am very happy to read that our services were to your expectations during breakfast and our colleagues especially Hamdi made your stay more exceptional. Thank you for sharing your positive feedback and we wish to see you more often to our resort.

See you, hopefully very soon.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Great stay.nice people. Beautiful hotel and survice I would come back for sure.we came for 5 days wanted to stay for 2 week the food was amazing and fresh every morning fresh salad and omlets with everything in it was really top holiday

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family

Dear Anat,

We are very happy to receive your positive review and score. Thank you for believing in us and we hope that we we’re able to serve you well during your stay.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We have stayed at a number of Mövenpick hotels throughout Jordan and they have been worth at least very good ratings. Unfortunately the Aqaba hotel has a lot of areas it needs to improve to justify being on tour itinerary’s. It is hard to see how it’s five stars are currently warranted. This is why.

Room ok but limited water, tea and coffee that appears to be rationed the latter to one sachet of coffee and one decaf coffee sachet. The bathroom was small and dated, ice bucket which one would normally expect to be complimentary is charged for 3 dinar. On the plus side a very comfortable bed and room was clean - view of the empty building site not so great but not much that can be done about that.

Beach - noisy, crowded, diesel fumes from the constant motor launches and their screaming occupants not adding to the ambience. The public beach 15 mins walk away was more relaxing.

Food in the evening was good on the bar area but expensive. Very good service in the bar area.

Breakfast - largely chaos - too small an area for the number of guests and the outdoor area could not be used as it had not been cleaned following an overnight storm.

Pool area - two pools the largest - one was closed until 3:00 pm one day whilst being cleaned and the second closed one all day.No real urgency to get it open.
Think most people get the bus to the resort down the sea.

A real disappointment given the level of other hotels we have stayed at in Jordan.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank RLionheart

Dear RLionheart,

Thank you for having taken the time to post your review on Tripadvisor. I am terribly sorry to read that some aspects of your stay were not up to your expectations but can assure you that my team will be reviewing your comments thoroughly and rectify the areas of concern.

Overall, our room set up for tea and coffee is set with 2 teas and 2 coffees with 4 sugars, however, should you require more, we are always happy to provide more. In regards to the boats and various other activities around the beach area, we are in constant communication with the Royal Navy here in Aqaba in order to provide a more controlled environment as we are indeed quite close to the public beach and to other international hotels.

During your stay we indeed had a sand storm followed by rain which was very disruptive to the resort operation, I apologize for the inconveniences but we did need to clean the areas prior to opening it to the guests as a matter of safety and security.

I have however, in regards to the pools, requested our Engineering and recreation team to look at a more efficient way to clean the pools in order to have them reopened earlier should this kind of weather come again.

I once again thank you for your comments and do sincerely apologize for the shortcomings you have identified. I can reassure you that the resort team always works hard to ensure we provide a memorable stay and I hope that if you ever come back to Aqaba, we will have the opportunity to change your mind.

Wishing you a fantastic day ahead,

With Best regards,

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

The location is good and breakfast and dinner buffet offer a lot of choices. Overall cleanliness could however be improved. The bed was comfortable, the only annoying thing was that some sort of light installation on a platform was installed in the yard so I was kept awake by those hammering of the employees...

Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo
Dan B, General Manager at Movenpick Resort & Residences Aqaba, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear Mr. Robert,

Thank you for choosing Movenpick Resort & Residences Aqaba on your recent stay in Jordan. We are delighted that you enjoyed our buffet restaurant. We appreciate your constructive comment about improving the overall cleanliness and we sincerely apologize for the unfortunate lack of sleep that you had due to the noise that you encountered during your recent stay with us, your feedback gives us the opportunity to further enhance our facilities and service standards. I have shared your feedback with our concerned department and we will continually seek ways to further enhance our guests' experience. We hope that we will have another chance to welcome you back at our resort.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This is my third time staying at this Movenpick in the last 6 years, and it's usually my go-to hotel whenever I return to Aqaba. I must say that this time it was a bit disappointing. The hotel is conveniently located in the city, as it is a short walk to restaurants and shops, and I believe is only 1 of 3 (in Aqaba proper, not Tala Bay) that has its own private beach (Movenpick, Intercontinental, Kempinski). While the facilities were still super nice (lovely pool area and beach), the rooms were very dated.

Our first room was super dirty - the bedskirt had visible stains, the air conditioner vent was full of dirt, and there was a footprint stain on the floor. Thankfully, they gave us a new room upon our complaint. The second room was better, but they just seem so much more sparse than in the past - I remember having slippers, which they didn't have initially (though the staff provided them on the next day). I also killed 3 mosquitoes within 30 minutes of entering our second room, and was also greeted by a giant moth (the body was 3 inches in length) in the bathroom.

While the staff are okay, they're not as helpful as they used to be. We booked a boat cruise on the beach, and it was advertised as a 4 hour cruise, but we found out it was actually a 1.5 hour cruise and access to another beach. We were rather upset, since it was a bit expensive, and I didn't want to pay to use another beach, when we already paid good money to be at the Movenpick. (I understand the cruise company is contracted out, but still, their descriptions should be more accurate and less misleading). They were very gracious and refunded our money, but the whole process took a while and was frustrating.

So I must say, I'm rather disappointed. I remember it being so much better in prior years. I'd say it's more of a 4-star hotel now, not 5-star.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Maria L, Manager at Movenpick Resort & Residences Aqaba, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear smileyfacegrace,

Thank you for taking the time to share this review with us. While I wish that you had a better stay with us, it is comment like these that we used to learned and improved our services and guest experience.

Please be assured that your feedback is very important to us, I have shared all the points you have mentioned with our team and we will continually strive to further improve our services to ensure that our guests enjoy seamless and enjoyable stay which most of our guests experienced through many years of our operations.

We hope that we will have a chance to welcome you back again in hopefully not too distant future and we will be able to recover your impression of the hotel.

Maria Lamarche