“Not worth it, if you have already tried in other countries.”

Din Tai Fung, Nagoya
Ranked #70 of 20,463 Restaurants in Nagoya
Price range: US$9 - US$27
Reviewed September 12, 2016

The food is good -- but not amazing.
The service is fast but pretty average in Japan - not great. Waiters did not clear my dishes, perhaps it is their practice in this restaurant.

This is a pretty small Din Tai Feng.

If you have already tried Din Tai Feng in Taiwan or other region, please give this a miss.

Reviewed December 13, 2015 via mobile

Having tried Ding Tai Feng restaurants at Taiwan and Singapore, I woud say the dishes were just okay. Not sure if the taste was tweaked to cater to the preferences of locals. We were there for dinner on Sunday and there was a long queue. But as the dishes were relatively quick, the wait seemed shorter compared to queue of restaurants nearby.

Reviewed September 14, 2015 via mobile

Definitely would recommend this place that specializes in dumplings, we had all sorts of them, was really tasty. Had the coconut cream and curry soup with noodles was great!

Reviewed July 15, 2015 via mobile

I was at Din Tai Fung at the 12th floor of the Towers above the Nagoya Station on July 12. I went for dinner with a friend.

I was supposed to meet my friend at 6pm but arrived about 20 minutes early...and there was a line about 15 deep. Somehow, every time I have passed by this restaurant, no matter the time of day, there always seems to be a line of patrons out front. As if on cue, I was called to be seated right when my friend arrived at 6pm.

We were shown a nice corner table and offered the menus straight away. We went for their specialty xiao long bao dumplings...5 different recipes. We opted to go for variety so we went for the small portion with 4 dumplings per serving... a total of 20 dumplings between the and my friend. They were all good, though I think the wrap was a bit thick and chewy compared to what I am used to at other Chinese restaurants.

We also had the fried rice topped with pork and a vegetable side. It was filling, even if we halved one order between the two of us.

Service was good and the food did not take long to be served. Except the vegetable siding that they either forgot to place or that the kitchen overlooked.

It was a slightly pricey meal at about US$40 a head. But then when you have all those yummy dumplings queued up before you, you are willing to forgive.

Reviewed September 30, 2014 via mobile

a quick fix for one of the best xiao long bao in Nagoya direct from Taiwan...would always find myself doing this, all of the dumplings are very much liked.

hot and sour soup is one of my favorites as well.