“Really GIANT prawn tempura !”
Review of Ebidote Shokudo

Ebidote Shokudo
Ranked #58 of 20,088 Restaurants in Nagoya
Reviewed July 26, 2017

We learnt about this restaurant in a tourist guide book and we went there for lunch after visiting the Toyota museum. It's in the ECSA underground shopping center and not difficult to find. There are many shops and restaurants in ECSA and it's worth spending some time walking around especially when it's raining outside.

I ordered the big prawn tempura set and it really surprised me when the waitress brought me the food. The prawn was huge and she even used a tape measure to show me that the prawn was 35cm long. The side dishes looked good also, which included Japanese potato salad and cabbage. The texture of the prawn was like lobster which was a bit tough, and the batter was crispy but a bit hard. My daughter ordered the regular prawn and pork chop tempura set and she was very satisfied with the food. The regular prawn actually tasted better than the big prawn.

It's worth trying and I've no hesitation in recommending this restaurant to anyone looking for good prawn tempura.

Reviewed March 17, 2017 via mobile

They formed a line up and as you waited for a seat they ordered your food almost as soon as I sat down my food was served hot. I ordered too much. Just one dish would have done the trick. Fun staff. A little crowded. Clean area. Tasty food.

Reviewed February 3, 2017 via mobile

We only had the sushi and the sandwich (as an afternoon snack) and those were delish! I would recommend eating there (which is what we did) so that everything is fresh and crisp!

Reviewed January 7, 2017

This restaurant is located in the mall underneath the JR station, famous for the different types of prawn tempura, with one signature featuring the biggest prawn of 35cm. Apart from the size, the battar in my opinion is good, deep-frying to perfection on color, crispiness, and without drying out the prawn inside.

We also ordered the chicken wings but that I have to say is a bit mediocre. However, the services from the team in the restaurant are good, being very friendly and helpful for foreigners like us. It is also a good value for money restaurant.

Reviewed May 4, 2016 via mobile

Was there in early May during my Nagoya trip. Learn that there's always long queue, so we decided to go there around 4pm in the afternoon . Of course no need to wait!
We ordered 1 signature 35cm prawn set and one mixed set (with fried scallop).
The gigantic prawn is unbelievable tasty, with the special mayonnaise provided. The scallop is very juicy and fresh, I will suggest it really worth a try!
Kind reminder: When we left the restaurant around 5:30pm, the restaurant was almost full.