US$418
US$366
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 28% below average rates

The price you found is 28% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$508/night.

Takayama Green Hotel(Takayama)
US$291
US$143
Savings alert! 21% below average rates

The price you found is 21% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$181/night.

US$236
US$206
Best Western Hotel Takayama(Takayama)(Great Value!)
US$132
US$104
JAPANiCAN.com
Savings alert! 20% below average rates

The price you found is 20% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$130/night.

Takayama Ouan(Takayama)
US$203
US$109
  • Spa
Savings alert! 23% below average rates

The price you found is 23% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$142/night.

Ryokan Tanabe(Takayama)
US$226
US$124
US$109
Priceline
Spa Hotel Alpina Hidatakayama(Takayama)(Great Value!)
US$99
US$252
US$129
Orbitz.com
Savings alert! 34% below average rates

The price you found is 34% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$194/night.

All reviewsstayed herebusonsenjapandinnerryokan
Reviewed April 6, 2016

My girlfriend and I stayed one night here on the way from Takayama to Matsumoto. It was early April, so the snow had melted and flowers were just starting to bloom.

The area is remote and tranquil, though there's not much else within walking distance.

The rooms are beautiful — we were in a two-level suite with a private bath out back, and it was the nicest and most spacious place we've stayed in the country. The dining room and shared baths are also lovely, and the room had nice touches like his and hers sinks, a kotatsu (snuggly under-table heater), and a fridge.

Speaking of dining, the food was also a highlight of our japan trip. They made a variety of dishes incorporating local ingredients, using Hida Beef in shabu-shabu, yakiniku, and sushi styles, as well as different preparations of sansai (mountain veggies). For my vegetarian girlfriend, they substituted veggies and fish for the beef and she also loved it.

What really made the stay here amazing, though, was the warm hospitality. Our host was kind, attentive, and seemed genuinely happy and excited to understand and care for our needs. It was especially great how easily and happily they accommodated different food preferences, as well as how they gave us a ride to a nearby bus stop to continue our journey to Matsumoto.

Highly recommended. Worth every penny.

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed September 13, 2015

Room and facilities were awesome. Nice onsen. We hate there and the menu served was amazing. Staff is very friendy. It is nice to spend one or two nights there. Take a car because there is nothing around. A hotel in Hirayu is better if you want to go out. Misses wifi.

• Stayed: May 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed May 5, 2015

We stayed for one night in a maisonette room with dinner for Y34,000. After travelling by bus we were welcomed by a nice hostess who spoke some of the best English we heard in Japan, despite the hotel being far up in the mountains. She provided green tea while checking us in and explaining how things worked with the onsen, meal times etc.

The evening meal was served in a large dining room with other guests and consisted of endless courses of excellent food. Some of it is cooked yourself using a grill or waterbath in the centre of the table. There was a young gent waiting the tables who was excellent and tried his very best using limited English to explain what each course was.

The highlight of the stay was of course the outdoor onsen. There are two at the hotel, separated by gender. Although they are swapped each day so that you get to try both. Before travelling I was doubtful whether the long trip to Takayama was worth it, but it’s so obvious once you’ve tried the onsen. It’s amazingly relaxing and definitely a highlight of my time in Japan.

Due to the infrequency of the buses to the hotel, we had to catch an early bus and miss breakfast, however the hosts were kind enough to provide sandwiches for us to take.

• Stayed: April 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed October 10, 2014

We spent one night there. It was just amazing, there are no other words to describe it.
Since the Ryokan was pretty empty they upgraded our room to one of their finest, that was obviously a great start. The ryokan has a very nice touch to it, it feels both luxurious and comfortable at once.
The service was of course excellent, you won't expect anything else in Japan.
The food - really good, the meat is incredible, I've never had meat so good in my life. A great variety of traditional dishes in a lovely presentation.
The onsen is very intimate and nicely desgined, and since the ryokan was quite empty we had it to ourselves most the time.
The area around the ryokan doesn't have any houses or anything, it's just a bunch of ryokans in the middle of the woods. The view is amazing.

Access was easy - they offer free pick up and drop off from Hirayu Onsen bus stop, which is quite a central place. There is a bus from Takayama, 1` hour ride.
The entire staff was extremely friendly but as I speak Japanese I couldn't judge the level of English.
My only problem was that the blanket was a bit too short and I found my legs popping out all the time. Beware that the area gets very very cold at night (we were there in the end of september). I think if you take out the blanket from its covers it will be long enough, so perhaps bring your own or just put a good pair of socks :)

• Stayed: September 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Matan K
Reviewed August 15, 2011

Stayed here for a night after spending two days at Takayama en-routing to Shin-Hotaka. I must say Kutsuroginoya Yuu is one of my most favorite ryokan experience. The location is about an hour bus ride from Takayama and the bus stopped right in front of the ryokan. Upon arrival, a staff came out to greet us and asked if we could speak Japanese. It turned out that he could speak some English and we had no trouble communicating (we were a bit worried in the beginning as neither one of us could speak Japanese). When he took us to our room, we were told that we were the only guests staying there that night, and as a result, they had opened up their onsen for us to use (instead of seperating the men/women onsen). In addition, they gave us an upgrade to a two-level room that comes with a private outdoor onsen! We were so excited as we did not expect any of this and were delighted for the offer.

The room was huge and beautiful. There is a living room and a huge bathroom on the first floor. Bathroom was clean with all the amenities you could think of. There was a seperate sleeping section on the second floor that was big enough for a whole family. Room was super clean and nicely decorated. The outdoor onsen was tiny but it is really nice if you prefer to bath in privacy in your own room.

Dinner was excellent. The hita beef sushi and hita beef steak were delicioius and I wished I could order another round. We had a very nice chat with their staff throughout dinner and we really appreciated that he spent a lot of time entertaining/explaining things to us. I took another onsen bath after dinner and I was so relaxed that I actually fell asleep early in the evening (never happen to me before).

Next morning, we had a nice Japanese breakfast before heading off to Shin-Hokata. If you are planning to travel around the area, do not miss taking the cable car to the peak of Nishi Hotaka-dake! The panorama view is breath-taking and it was a truly wonderful experince.

We really enjoyed our stay at Kutsuroginoya Yuu and would recommend this rokyan to anyone who is looking for a quiet and relax stay in the Takayama area. I cannot wait to visit again in the future.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple