All reviews room was large outdoor onsen sauna jr mountains
Reviewed January 15, 2018

What an excellent hotel, service, cleanliness, location, meals and onsen were just perfect! They even have a shuttle bus from JR Matsumoto that takes you to the hotel up in the mountain, so make sure you request that. The service from all the staff were unbelievable, top notch! The food were divine! The room was large and clean. Can't ask for more for a place to chill and relax at an onsen and eat.

Date of stay: January 2018
2  Thank aim888
Reviewed May 30, 2016

We had a fantastic time at Shirafune Grand Hotel. The room was spacious and overlooked the valley and mountains. The food was excellent and varied over the 3 nights we were there. Staff at the hotel were extremely friendly and courteous and they were very attentive and gave us personalized service. The Onsen experience was really good - the water was lovely.

Date of stay: May 2016
1  Thank finbarrtaylor
Reviewed April 25, 2016

The room is spacious and clean. Dinner and breakfast are excellent. Staff are nice and polite though speak limited English. The outdoor hot spring is a bit small if some more people staying there at the same time. Anyway, we have a good stay there and the hotel is recommended.
It needs to walk about 10 mins from the bus stop to the hotel. Free pick up services at the bus stop upon request. The hotel also offered free shuttle to drive us to the bus stop when we left.

Date of stay: June 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank 82winnie
Reviewed March 13, 2016

I was looking for an onsen with white water like milk, and an easier place to go. This hotel offers a free transfer from JR Matsumoto station ( Nagano ken ), so it's easy to arrive there. The road is good to drive, but a little dangerous to a driver that is not used to drive a car at right side... So, I choosed this hotel because of this transfer offered from the hotel. And I was very surprised as I arrived the hotel: very kind staffs, and an excellent facilities, and excellent meals ( dinner and breakfast , typical of the region). The water of onsen is white, and I was astonished to see the design at the edge of the ofuro : there is a design like a estalagmite found in a cavern !! And the price was very good...Of course I would like to return once again in my trip to Japan!! .

Date of stay: November 2015
3  Thank akemi2015
Reviewed February 21, 2016

Went here with my girlfriend last weekend and was very impressed. The ryokan was very clean, the room was large with a great view of the surrounding scenery. Additionally the two meals were both delicious and slightly adventurous for my foreign taste.
I was particularly impressed with the staff, they were incredibly attentive and seem to know everything we needed even before we had to ask. I`ve been in Japan for almost 10 years, visited many onsens and this was by far the highest quality service I have received.
Apart from that I highly recommend the private onsen, it has both an inside and outside area which is most definitely worth the small extra fee. Would highly recommend this onsen to any foreign travellers.

Date of stay: February 2016