See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed April 22, 2017 via mobile

Basic hotel. A little outdated. Staff seemed friendly enough limited English, but no worries. Room was ok, nothing fancy. Hallway always tended to smell, a strange unpleasant smell. Location was fine.

Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed September 13, 2015

I stayed here on a night's stopover in Matsumoto. The hotel is ideally located from the station and the sights, though the streets are harsh on luggage wheels. The breakfast is worth avoiding. The rooms, though basic, are cleaned to a high standard and the staff are equally polite. This is fine if you're looking for something truly functional or in a pinch as the hotel does not usually run full. There is a small pool, which I did not take advantage of, but is marketed throughout the hotel.

Room Tip: Avoid the breakfast. Large of luggage are difficult to open in the room. Amenities are quite basic so bring your own soap.
  • Stayed: September 2015, travelled solo
Reviewed August 3, 2015

予約時に喫煙部屋しかなかったため、私はタバコを吸いませんが、やむなく喫煙部屋を予約しました。これまでもそうした経験はありましたが、特段支障がなかったからです。しかし、今回は誤算でした。部屋にリセッシュがあったので、何度もふりかけましたが、臭いはとれませんでした。それ以外は問題がなかったので、残念です。
I don't smoke, but I booked a smoking room in this hotel, because a nonsmoking room was not available at that time. I absolutely mistook it. I used a deodorizer so many times, but I couldn't remove bad smell. I regret not booking a nonsmoking room because it was good except for it.

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled solo
Reviewed April 15, 2013

I stayed here in a single room during a convention. The room was small, as expected, a bit old but maintained. The bathroom was fine, it was the module type that feels like a camper bathroom. I knew it would be budget, but that didn't prepare me well for the terrible, hard bed. I had to put a woolen blanket under my hips just to be able to sleep on my side. Japanese people seem to sleep primarily on their backs, in which case a hard bed would be fine.

Staff were friendly, don't really speak much English but can understand gestures.

The breakfast was nice with a lot of variety. Some western choices as well. Some vegetarian (I am vegetarian) which is tough to find in Japan.

If your budget allows, stay in a nicer place. If not, this is pretty good for the price in Japan.

Room Tip: If you don't want smoking make sure to request it. Smoking rooms are smoked in, in Japan!
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed October 18, 2012

This is not a fancy hotel by any means. It's more like a business/casual hotel for someone on the go. The front lobby is small, simply decorated, but it's clean and organized. I don't know if the staff at the front desk speak English, but being in Matsumoto, chances are, not a lot of people will speak English. The room was very small, there was no decor at all, but it served its purpose. There was free internet hook up which helped a great deal. Breakfast was included and it was mostly Japanese food. But there were also bread, sausages, scrambled eggs, juices and coffee. It's walking distance from Matsumoto Station, The Matsumoto Museum of Art and two main shopping centers.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family