“Great place with okay cake”
Review of Grindelwald

Grindelwald
Ranked #13 of 1,967 Restaurants in Matsumoto
Price range: US$9 - US$18
Reviewed April 28, 2018

I should've known when I was greeted by 5 different people that this was a very expensive place, which I slightly was aware of but not this much. I had the 5 types of cakes on a plate which looked fabulous, and tasted really good too. But honestly for 25000 yen I was expecting better cake.. It's good and the experience made it worth it, but not the quality of the food.

Reviewed September 13, 2017 via mobile

I would live here very contentedly if I could. First rate hotels, two great campsites, a wealth of immaculate boutique style hotels, super leisure centre, crazy golf, and the base station for the Jungfraujoch Railway taking you to Europe's highest station at 11,300 metres or so. I can't abbreviate the number of spectacular things there are to see. The Trummelbach Falls draining the melting waters of the glacier on the Jungfrau, the cable car to the Piz Gloria made famous as the location for 'on Her Majesty's Secret Service'.....stay a week, stay six months through the changing seasons, Grindelwald is a gem of which you will never tire

Reviewed June 15, 2017 via mobile

I visited this place Grindelwald to see the village and mountain. Since another peak Eiger is also there, I always wanted to visit since the movie " Eiger Sanction" was filmed there. The area is just beautiful.

Reviewed May 11, 2016

My wife ordered tea and I had the coffee and "Purin" set. The pudding was excellent, creamy, smooth, flavorful and the serving was ample for both my wife and I. We were there early in the day and it was neither crowded or noisy. A second serving of both tea and coffee were offered in the western style.

This is the grand old 1933 vintage hotel in Kamikochi and making a special effort to take tea in the lobby is well worth the effort.

Reviewed November 8, 2013

We enjoyed a cake set and a limited special cake set after a lovely walk from the Taisho Pond. The environment of the lounge is very romantic and warm. The special cake set included 5 pieces of cakes. All of them were nice, especially for the cheese cake and chestnut cake. The cheese cake was very soft and creamy. The chestnut cake was the best I'd ever tried.

2  Thank Connie H