All reviews business trip hotel is centrally located massage chair breakfast buffet corner room efficient staff two twin beds across the road nice hotel free tickets japanese alps train station clean rooms stayed here for nights castle english ihg
Reviewed July 2, 2018

Nice Hotel. Wide and clean rooms. Good breakfast. Next to the convention center and Royal palace. Walking distance to town center. Cheap public bus service for airport. A worth place to stay in Toyama mostly for business purposes.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business
宿泊部長, フロント オフィス マネージャー at ANA Crowne Plaza Toyama, responded to this reviewResponded July 3, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at ANA CROWNE PLAZA TOYAMA.

Reviewed June 23, 2018 via mobile

Its very compact but comfort hotel, typical japanese hotel. Breakfast was good and delicious also the staff was helpfull. I was wake up late at this hotel and nearly lost my grup, never forget experience...

Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
宿泊部長, フロント オフィス マネージャー at ANA Crowne Plaza Toyama, responded to this reviewResponded June 23, 2018

Reviewed April 15, 2018

We stayed here for 2 nights during our holiday and found the hotel location is perfect, just in front of the castle and easy reacheable by tram or on foot from the central station. The hotel is quite classic with nice, clean and comfortable rooms.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank 01649409
宿泊部長, フロント オフィス マネージャー at ANA Crowne Plaza Toyama, responded to this reviewResponded April 15, 2018

Reviewed March 31, 2018

I had business at University of Toyama so this hotel was a logical choice. It's a 5-10 minute easy flat walk from the station, and goes towards the university. It was a pleasant 20 minute walk to the university. But, if you want to take the streetcar, there is a stop, Marunouchi, very close to the hotel. The room was spacious, the shower worked well, and the room was quiet. Comfy bed and great view of the castle and snowy mountains. The staff are friendly and try to speak English, which is nice, but a bit 'stiff,' especially if you speak Japanese. 日本滞在、日本語を話せる外国人もいるってことを把握して頂きたい。。。The only minus point was they give you ONE teabag only. I carry an emergency teabag, but this is the first time in years of travelling that I have had to use it. Well located, very pleasant hotel, and I'd stay here again - with a teabag supply, of course.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
宿泊部長, フロント オフィス マネージャー at ANA Crowne Plaza Toyama, responded to this reviewResponded April 1, 2018

Reviewed March 28, 2018

I will start with the positives: Location, could not be better, your room will either have views of the snowy Alps or Toyama Castle; its clean (lilke everything in Japan); the staff is friendly (as everybody in Japan), and whilst weird having a massage chair in the room is fantastic albeit not very aesthetic . Now the reality: the property is well maintained but old, and when this is the case properties must really raise their game and focus on the things that can change (service and food). The staff have major lacking of English. The commitment of management into having this basic service is so low that the official in room massage menu (this hotel does not have a gym, more on this further down) does not even exist in English (at least not at the reception!) and the only English tv channel (BBC) does not work. Providing good service with such a barrier makes it really hard for the staff! The buffet: I just spent 2 weeks at the CP in Nairobi and again a dated property but their food was AMAZING, here they have the SAME buffet every evening, lucky I am staying only two nights because I don't think I could handle another night the unimaginative, dull offering the hotel has..... lastly the gym: I am the highest IHG frequent customer tier and spend more than 100 nights on the road and this must be the only CP with no gym. Asked at the reception for a place where I could go and they recommended a really swish one a block from the hotel, which I did try to use, tried because I was not allowed to run on my own runners because I have used them to walk to the gym.... CRAZY! I was told I had to rent a pair of runners if I wanted to use the facility which I refused to do. The gym would not back off even when I offered to take the shoes off and just put them back on on the treadmill. Despite that I had paid for 3 day package, even though I needed only one day, they refused. This is of course not the hotel's fault but had I known this hotel did not have a gym I would have booked somewhere else. Lastly housekeeping was extremely stingy with the complimentary water... this property has certainly a lot of chances to improve.....

Stayed: March 2018

Thank you so much for your review of our hotel. We apologize that your recent stay did not meet expectations. We appreciate your comments and will share these with our team so that we can continue to improve our services. We do hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future, so that we can provide a better experience.