Gora Tensui
US$218
Savings alert! 20% below average rates

The price you found is 20% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$272/night.

Fukuzumiro Ryokan(Hakone-machi)
US$283
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 18% below average rates

The price you found is 18% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$346/night.

Hakone Manatee(Hakone-machi)
US$358
Ryokan
Hakone Pax Yoshino(Hakone-machi)(Great Value!)
US$191
  • Restaurant
Savings alert! 20% below average rates

The price you found is 20% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$239/night.

Aura Tachibana(Hakone-machi)
US$298
Ryokan
Mount View Hakone(Hakone-machi)(Great Value!)
US$280
Hotel Okada(Hakone-machi)
US$376
US$177
Savings alert! 34% below average rates

The price you found is 34% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$268/night.

Gora Kadan(Hakone-machi)
US$971
US$829
JAPANiCAN.com
All reviewsfoot bathhot stonewelcome drinkweary feetcable carhot mineral bathlobby bartraditional ryokanstaff was very friendly and helpfulfourth floorprivate onsenopen air museumjapanese foodroom rateupon checkmoment you arriveminute walk
Reviewed January 2, 2016

On our second trip to Japan and the Hakone area our travel agent booked us into this superb ryokan, which is mainly traditional but with a few extra westernised touches.

The meet and greet with a leisurely foot bath and drink (inc champagne if you want it) whilst you complete registration is a good start. Then you're showed to your room - we had one of the traditional rooms with futon, which had a bathroom with shower and a private veranda with rotenburo (outdoor hot spring bath) which we made use of. The room was spacious with traditional layout and tatami mat floor in the main area, small lounge area with TV and tea making facilities. As is tradition in these establishments you change into Yukata for your stay (they can even accommodate someone as large as me).

The public onsens were excellent although for some reason I was unable to access the onsen on the top floor; I couldn't get my key to work, so I stuck with the downstairs onsen which were great, very relaxing.

Meals are served in private cubicles in a restaurant rather than in your room and this is where the ryokan exceeded itself. My partner loves Japanese food but is not a real fan of kaiseki and doesn't eat fish if he can avoid it. Our travel agent had simply told them he was allergic to fish so he had a separate menu to mine. I got to enjoy some traditional Japanese kaiseki with all the fish and sashimi I like, and he had a menu that was more meat based. Kaiseki isn't always for the faint hearted and I know many westerners sometimes struggle with this type of food, but it's worth trying. I love it. Our experience of kaiseki from several ryokan stays is that it normally has 1 meat dish with the other 8 or 9 being fish/veg, so his menu was a departure from the norm, and the chef really showing he could accommodate.

Breakfast the next morning was equally as good and I was very happy with the service and the changes they made for my partner.

All staff very friendly, and very helpful, and we'd stay here again if we return to the area.

• Stayed: April 2015, travelled as a couple
2  Thank John B
Reviewed December 23, 2015

This was a great place to relax from busy Tokio. You check in whilst having a foot bath. There is a variety of Onsons including a private one. The only thing I didn't appreciate was the overpriced breakfast & dinner. Itoh Dining by Nobu is by far better and similar in price.

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Tarik C
Reviewed December 2, 2015 via mobile

If you want to escape from the city life, this hotel proper you can be surrounded by the unordinary life.
For example,Bar counter with foot bath while checking in hotel, private open air hot springs, Relaxation SPA Aroma Healing etc.
Also my favorite breakfast is good. We can choose Japanese or Western, but I think Japanese was so good.
We have to go to restaurant It is no available in the room serve, but restaurant like compartment we can keep privacy.
Hotel staff are friendly and they can speak English include relaxation staff. Some staff can speak Chinese.

Stayed: November 2015, travelled solo
2  Thank Chuck T
Reviewed November 28, 2015

We visited Hakone in October of this year and I am just getting round to writing my reviews.
Gore Tensui was the best thing about the Hakone area for us. Unfortunately because of seismic activity we could not go onto the cable cars to see the views so a trip on the furnicula and a boat trip across Lake Ashi was all that was on offer. Thank goodness the sun was shining.
Fora Tensui gave us the most beautiful experience: the rooms were Japanese style but had western style beds for our comfort.
The little touches in the room were beautiful: pyjamas, slipper, teas, biscuits etc all perfectly arranged and packaged for effect.
Kykmono 's were available to dress in for dinner and how comfortable to sit in what felt like your dressing gown !
The dinner was a banquet ! The variety of foods, the variety of gorgeous dishes it was served in , the service.... It was impeccable!
I am not saying as a westerner I liked all,of the dishes but at this hotel,you know you are experiencing fine dining.
Loved the whole experience and loved the foot spa whilst having pre- dinner drinks and the hot stone room plus the Onsen.
Expensive but well worth it!!!

Room Tip: Ask for one with western beds if you don't like the futon experience. Ask for one of the larger rooms too.
  • Stayed: October 2015, travelled with friends
1  Thank Sorce
Reviewed November 20, 2015 via mobile

Loved the traditional Japanese rooms, bathroom amenities and robes for the Onsen. They have private Onsens or communal. The larger communal one is gorgeous and each time we went we had it all to ourselves!
The staff were lovely & we had a fantastic dinner at a Japanese restaurant next door.
Beautiful bar area where you can soak your feet whilst enjoying Japanese whiskey.
Will be staying here again on our next trip!

Stayed: November 2015, travelled with friends