I picked this hotel on the basis of the tripadvisor reviews. Since I booked, it's risen even further up the rankings. I am quite surprised by the other rankings, although I haven't stayed in many hotels in Japan so maybe I am comparing it to the wrong things. Anyway, the good:
- conveniently located, near an underground station on the airport line, also close to the station
- there is a 24-hour convenience store right off the lobby, useful for stocking up on water etc
- very nice spa, large shared bath and small 'outside' room (NB this is not actually open to the sky - would be difficult in the middle of a city - but does mean that you can get the cold outside air through the bamboo-fence style walls)
However, the room was tiny - the bed was quite small for a double and there was hardly any room around it. The layout is quite clever to fit in a sink, shower, toilet etc., but it wasn't a room you would want to spend any time in apart from getting up and going to bed. It was also pretty impersonal.
As I say though, this might be standard for budget business hotels in Japan or Nagasaki - I just don't know.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Agoda, Priceline, Travelocity.ca, Hotels.com, HRS, HotelTravel.com and JAPANiCAN so you can book your Dormy Inn Hakata Gion reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dormy Inn Hakata Gion Hotel Fukuoka