See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed April 19, 2016

The hotel is super close to the Beppu Railway Station so it is very convenient to travel around. The room is cozy with clean and tidy set-up. And on the night of 15th April, 2016, it stood strong against the 7.1 earthquake without a crack, and without electricity loss. I've survived that quake mainly due to the strength of this building indeed.

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank piyawadee11
Reviewed March 5, 2016

I stayed here for a night in a single room. For 4000 yen per night, it was great value when everything else cost a lot more - albeit the room - 511 - was a TINY 85 square feet. The room was adequately clean and there were no bugs. The bed was a bit hard though.

With that being said, be aware that they do not have non-smoking rooms. However, the room I got wasn't *too* bad in terms of the smoke smell, albeit there clearly was a lot of air freshener used. The window does open wide as well.

The WiFi was remarkably fast.

The fourth star comes from the free onsen (hot spring) they have for guest use. It was clean and relaxing. It was also never busy when I was there.

Staff were friendly and spoke enough English to check me in and out.

The location is excellent too if you're taking the train - it is right next door to the train station. There are plenty of places to get food around, including a convenience store next door, as well as lots of restaurants down the street, as well as a few at the station.

Overall, not a terrible place, but definitely not luxurious by any stretch. I probably wouldn't want to stay there for more than a night, but the hotel more than served its purpose for the one night I was there.

Room Tip: The least expensive single rooms are VERY small. You've been warned!
  • Stayed: March 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed April 18, 2015

Only 1 minute to the Beppu JR Station. A boutique-like small hotel with full facilities in the room. I stayed in the single room with attached bathroom. Although the room is rather small, but it have all the facilities all you need like the 4-star hotel room. You can find out the air-purifier, body sponge, shoe-shine, shoe-horn, double curtain ..... Clean and comfortable You cann't believe the price. A large on-sen for free

• Stayed: April 2015, travelled solo
Reviewed April 5, 2013 via mobile

Its close to the station and bus routes and they have there own hot springs , good for value the hot springs open ar4 pm to 12pm and you get free breakfast . Service is little slow but if you don't speack japanese its ok they speack a little English so prepare to act like mr bean body language. Overall I definitely recommend this place I will be using again in the future you are 2minits to convince store to eat out 3mins walk so close.

• Stayed: April 2013
3  Thank madchester016
Reviewed October 29, 2011

We took the train to Beppu and exited from the seaside exit. The Station Hotel is 2 minutes walk away down the road running towards the sea. Check in was at 4 o'clock, but we were very early. We could not check-in early but the very pleasant receptionist agreed to store our bags free of charge so we could go and visit some of the hells. Luggage lockers were also available at the station.

Our room was on the top floor. It was a reasonable size for a Japanese hotel room. There was a double wardrobe by the door which also contained the fridge. You have to plug it in yourself if you intend to use it. The bed was quite small but reasonably comfortable. There were good views over the town from the windows. The room had a TV and a water heater, tea was provided. There were large bottles of liquid soup, shampoo and conditioner in the bathroom. Free toothbrushes, razors and hairbrushes were also provided. Everything in the room was very clean.

We choose this hotel because it had spas. We had no info about the spas so set out to work it out for ourselves. The ladies spa is on the second floor. The men's spa is on the third. Fortunately for us this was clearly marked in English at the entry.

The spas were open from 4pm until midnight and from 6am (I think) until 9am. I went three times on a one night stay!!!

When you reach the spa you should take your shoes off at the door. Inside the spa changing room there were lockers for your clothes. Bring your own towel from your room. Before entering the spa water you should wash yourself thoroughly in the showers provided. Soaps, shampoos, conditioners, even make up remover were readily available. You should not wear anything in the spa. The water was very hot and excellent for easing aching muscles. On my three visits I had the whole place to myself twice which I was pretty good.

Check out was at 10 and it was quick and efficient.

The hotel is well located for the train station, bus station, has excellent spa facilities and is well located for convenience stores Coco right next door, Familymart at the station. There were several shops, restaurants on the street leading down to the sea. From the hotel we could easily walk to Beppu Tower, the beaches and Termas Spa.

I would definitely stay here again.

We did not eat breakfast at the hotel prefering a picnic brunch down on the beach.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple