“Great Food”

Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed September 22, 2016 via mobile

The restaurant was very close to the Beppu Station, only a 10-minute walk away.

Along the street in front of the train station, there were tens of restaurant, many of them were nearly empty during weekdays. However, Robata Jin was fully-seated every day, right after 17:00, when it opened.

I tried several dishes, all of which tasted good. My personal favorite was the skewers: fresh and delicately seasoned.

I ordered some sashimi, skewers, tango (a local dish with wider noodles and miso) and a grilled eggplant. The total cost was just 2,730 yen.

Reviewed July 23, 2016 via mobile

A very good restaurant with great service. Located in a good location, close to both beach and JR station. Try beef broil and fried chicken (karaage). Other dishes that we ordered re also good. The staffs were very helpful - english menu is available.

Reviewed July 14, 2016

This local restaurant was THE best part of our trip to Beppu. Super happy and friendly owner and staff, very helpfull and the food was just perfect. We ordered various little meals but the best part was the Tempura Chicken. So soft and tasty, we ordered twice :) We ate a lot and had beers and the price was really good as well! Big recommendation for this place!

Reviewed March 29, 2016

Got into Beppu later than planned (730pm) and wanted to eat some famous Seki-saba and Seki-aji. So as we walked up the street leading up to Beppu station, my wife and I were repeatedly turned away from the izakaya/restaurants that posted they had seki-saba/aji....due to no seats. Wife was getting hangry so decided to take a chance with Beer Pub Robata Jin since we saw it on the corner coming up the street earlier.

We were so glad we chose this place. English is limited at the restaurant, but the menu was superb. So many local seafood delicacies. We had hirame sashimi, hamaguri (type of clam), grilled scallops, and some toriten (chicken tempura). All of which was very good. The shochu list was nice and was very moderately priced. I think we ordered 5-7 dishes and several rounds of drinks. I think our bill didn't pass 7000 yen. A good deal for quality food and drink! we'd definitely come back again for sure...but go earlier or make reservation so we could get our fill of seki-saba and seki aji.

Reviewed March 8, 2016 via mobile

Title speaks for itself! Many izakayas use sub-par quality meat for yakitori, but here the meat was of good quality and full of flavor. Grilled rockfish was good, and so was vegetable tempura. Had to deduct one star because they were out of several items I wanted to order. I did appreciate the English menu though, even though its selection is more limited than that of the Japanese menu.