“Excellent Food, Great Service, Cold Beer”

Beer Pub Robata Jin
Ranked #6 of 1,091 Restaurants in Beppu
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed July 4, 2018

We ate at Pub Robata Jin our first night in Beppu, and had to return for a second meal before leaving. By going early we were able to avoid a wait or making a reservation, of course June is not a busy time of year. By the time we left it was packed each night we went. The food is very good, with highest marks for the Beef and Amberjack fish head. Being a westerner the fish head is not on my radar, but my wife is Chinese and the Char-grilled Fish head was amazing I have to admit. The beef was llike butter and melted in our mouths. The beer was cold, nuff said....great food local atmosphere!

Reviewed December 8, 2017 via mobile

We went there on a Friday night and was not able to get any seat as the restaurant is fully booked until Sunday.

Needless to say we did not get any food. I suppose the good must be good.

Reviewed October 1, 2017 via mobile

Almost at the end of a not so memorable Japanese dinner, came the last dish to surprise everyone and make everything whole. Amberjack fish head.
Absolutely amazing.
Reset the table, another serving of cold sake and ordered another Amberjack head.
Service is OK. Prices are reasonable and the fish head is not from this planet. Amazing.

Reviewed May 31, 2017 via mobile

My only day in Beppu and I found this restaurant on Tripadvisor.
Great find, because the place and food are awesome! I had the vegetable and chicken tempura.
What also is nice: they have an English menu.

1  Thank OlavHogen
Reviewed September 22, 2016 via mobile

The restaurant was very close to the Beppu Station, only a 10-minute walk away.

Along the street in front of the train station, there were tens of restaurant, many of them were nearly empty during weekdays. However, Robata Jin was fully-seated every day, right after 17:00, when it opened.

I tried several dishes, all of which tasted good. My personal favorite was the skewers: fresh and delicately seasoned.

I ordered some sashimi, skewers, tango (a local dish with wider noodles and miso) and a grilled eggplant. The total cost was just 2,730 yen.