See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed February 8, 2017

Despite I reserved a non-smoking room, the room they provided is filled with stinky aged cigarette smoke. Even I opened the window, power-operated the exhaust fan and air cleaner, and sprayed the fragrant spray on all textiles, the bed, pillow, covers are still stinky and hard to fall asleep.

The facilities are very old and the bathtub is loose and movable, which should be firmly fixed on the ground, and I have no dare to take a bath here. I don't expect to receive a deluxe room at this price rate, but at least decent and comfortable for relaxing during my flight transit. I have traveled to Japan over 30 times and definitely this hotel is the most unbelievable one I had experienced.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank yolatengo18
Colin S, Customer Service Representative at Hotel Sun Palace Kyuyokan, responded to this reviewResponded December 7, 2017

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at Hotel Sun Palace Kyuyokan. We apologize for the experience you had with the condition of your room. Perhaps our staff did not properly provide you with information upon arrival; although not guaranteed, it is possible to request and be moved to a non-smoking room during check in. We also have air filters/cleaners available that can be placed in the rooms upon request. We appreciate and thank you for your comments as we continually work to improve our facilities and services and hope that you will consider staying with us again.

Colin Y. Sewake
Customer Service Representative

Reviewed July 20, 2016

good :place, stuffs

bad :rest of all .very very old hotel and poorly maintained.the photos of outside was too much photoshopped and we just got trapped by it.

bathroom was tiny and water can not get out properly.
even the room is so small and smelly at all.

if u r not botherd by place -don't stay this hotel.
better find hotels in american village area.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
5  Thank muhaim11
Reviewed May 22, 2016

Returning home to my home away from home in Okinawa. Friendly and attentive staff
that work hard to make your stay memorable. You can borrow a Kariyushi wear shirt so that you cam feel the tropics around you. The rooms are clean and the breakfast is the best deal around. Sampling western food and Japanese dishes. There are Many okinawan dishes to sample and great information on dietary restrictions. The food represents healthy eating in Okinawa

Room Tip: A large balcony suite is great sitting outside in a breeze is wonderful watching the monorail.
  • Stayed: May 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed May 26, 2015

This hotel truly represents the ideals of omotenashi hospitality in Okinawa. The buffet breakfast features American choices for the non adventurers ,Japanese foods and especially Okinawa foods to try in small dishes for sampling. There is a bottle of water for guest and a clean quaint somewhat larger room than you find in Japan. Location is next to Monorail station and Kokusai Dori Okinawa famous Shopping area.

• Stayed: May 2015, travelled solo
Reviewed November 10, 2014

Stay in this hotel between 1~5 Nov, 2014 with my wife and 17 months old son.
1. Ryoko is nice and helpful, she answers many questions before my arrival and she speaks good English
2. The hotel is a 3 start hotel, very close to train station and international road
3. The wifi speed is good
4. Walk-able distance to Naha bus terminal, or 100 yeh by train
5. They provide free bottle sterilizer and stroller for my stay
6. You can rental their T-shirt for free, which is amazing

• Stayed: November 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank spider999
lapin5192, お客様担当マネージャー at Hotel Sun Palace Kyuyokan, responded to this reviewResponded November 14, 2014

Dear Spider999

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and taking the time to write a review on Trip Advisor.

I am delighted to read your positive review.

We appreciate your kind remarks and hopes to see your family again soon!