Lowest prices for your stay
Agoda.com
US$89
SAVE US$21
Free cancellation until 21-05-19
Hotels.comUS$110
eDreamsUS$110
PricelineUS$100
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed August 6, 2019

I arrived well before check-in time, so my room was not ready. Checking my reservation, the friendly receptionist noted that I had a smoking single room. I did not want a smoking room, but non-smoking rooms were not available so I settled for my fate. After all it was only for one night. Maybe it was time for the hotel to increase the ratio of non-smoking to smoking rooms, I thought. When I returned a few hours later, I was delighted to find that the hotel had upgraded me to non-smoking double room. This was spacious and comfortable.

The Metropolitan is right at Sendai station, so the location is perfect. It's larger and better than your average Japanese business hotel. The service was really very good. An additional bonus was a newspaper (The Japan Times with The New York Times) delivered to the room.

After dinner I felt like relaxing over a drink. I looked into the cozy looking bar, but noticed that I would have to dole out 1,500 yen (almost $15) for a glass of wine, so I went elsewhere (and in this neighborhood, there's plenty to choose from).

All in all, I was very happy with my stay.

Room tip: If you are so inclined, make sure in advance that your reservation is for a non-smoking room.
Date of stay: July 2019
2  Thank JuhaUitto
Curious810775, 支配人 at Hotel Metropolitan Sendai, responded to this reviewResponded August 8, 2019

Dear JuhaUitto,

Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to share your experience at our hotel. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay.

Our staff strive to ensure that our guests enjoy their time at our hotel. We are more than happy to switch guest's room types when rooms are available. In the event that our non-smoking rooms are fully booked, we are also able to provide a service in which a deoderizing machine is used to remove any smoking smell from rooms. We are pleased to hear that our staff were able to provide you with a non-smoking room for your stay.

As you mentioned, in addition to the restaurants and the bar in our hotel, there is a wide variety of options for meals and drinks in the immediate area. Our concierge staff are more than happy to help guests when choosing somewhere to dine.

Thank you again and we hope you will consider us the next time you travel to Sendai.

Accomodation Manager
Hotel Metropolitan Sendai

Reviewed July 9, 2019

The hotel is convenient to the train station. Our room had a nice view of the rooftop garden. Good blackout curtains. Very quiet at night even though in a busy area.
Staff was polite and helpful.

Room keys should be updated to key cards. Bizarrely, the hotel wanted guests to leave their key at the front desk whenever they left the property. Although our room was nonsmoking, the hotel was smoking and stunk of smoke. Tired decor needs updating. Very expensive for what it is: we paid the same amount for a much nicer hotel in Tokyo & considerably less for a nicer hotel in Kyoto

Date of stay: June 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank Travelingpossum
Reviewed April 30, 2019

I had business trip to Sendai in the Summer 2017 right in the day of Hotel Metropolitan opening (or maybe re-opening after renovation, but nevertheless...) - so I had luck to be one of the first guests of this hotel. Location near (or better to say - right on top of...) the Sendai station made me worried about possible noise (I actually could see Shinkansen trains right from my window), but it was surprisingly silent in the room. Oppositely, location at the transport hub was extremely convenient for my business trip purposes, as I had to fly from the Sendai airport next morning.
The room itself was equipped (traditionally fro Japan) with everything you might need and even more, but much bigger than the vast majority of conventional business hotels. And, as the hotel was just open - the furniture, carpets, equipment and so on were absolutely fresh and unused. The most surprising was the bathroom - quite big, separated by the glass door and equipped with an advanced-technological shower, what is unusual for conventional hotels.
Ultimately, I liked to stay in this hotel and if you travel by business its absolutely recommended.

Room tip: Be careful when you are searching for the entrance - its not that easy to find it when you entering from the station.
Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed April 16, 2019 via mobile

This hotel is right at sendai station so there are tons of shopping and restaurants around. The room was very clean, quiet and comfortable. The usual toiletries were provided except for body lotion. Breakfast was very good.

Date of stay: April 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed March 17, 2019 via mobile

Only a two minute walk or less from the station (as other reviewers have said not to be mistaken for the Hotel Metropolitan East which is also next to the station). Room was clean and it is worth choosing a larger room. Staff were excellent and very helpful. Would stay here again.

Date of stay: March 2019