“Excellent!”
Review of Rixos Almaty

Rixos Almaty
Ranked #2 of 75 Hotels in Almaty
Reviewed 20 June 2017 via mobile

We booked a deluxe room, which is quite large, having a desk and chaise lounge in addition to a king sized bed.

A Porter helped with the luggage as we were checked in quite early (10 am) - we had expected a need to store luggage and wait in the lobby or walk around town until afternoon check-in, but were pleased we were able to immediately crash from our long flight.

The lobby is beautiful, the included buffet breakfast sumptuous, and the staff is plentiful and friendly.

Alcoholic drinks, however, are measured very carefully and priced by NYC standards - definitely not a bargain!

Have only eaten dinner once at the restaurant so will delay review on that until we have more experience.

If you have the funds, I highly recommend the accommodations.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
MakhmutZ, Генеральный директор at Rixos Almaty, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2017

Dear Cathy T,

First of all, we would like to thank you very much indeed for your warm and positive comments about our hotel services and facilities and most importantly for selecting our hotel as your accommodations of choice when you visited Almaty.

We are pleased to know that you have enjoyed your stay with us and moreover, we are happy to hear that you liked the service, as complete guest satisfaction is our primary goal at Rixos Almaty. Please rest assured that we acknowledged your comments about the beverage prices, but would like to mention that those are in par with the local market. We will take this opportunity however to check if some prices could be revised.

We would love to have the pleasure of seeing you again as a regular guest and wish you the best in your business endeavors.

Reviewed 19 June 2017

I stayed here for business on two separate nights. The lobby was beautiful and clean. The staff were polite and most spoke English (spaseedo!) The room itself was great. Very impressed with the room. The tub was jetted so that was great after a long day. The bed was comfortable with nice linens. They offered two complimentary bottles of water which was nice as a foreigner. There were English channels on the TV.

I ate two nights in the Bistro in the lobby. The local steak was delicious and cooked to perfection. I didn't partake in the buffet but many others did.

The one flaw for this hotel was the breakfast in the lobby. It only had small rolls and cookies. Something more embellished would have been nice like a Continental breakfast.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business

Dear Chris_G_2008,

First of all, we would like to thank you for taking the time to write us regarding your experience at Rixos Almaty Hotel. We do appreciate your positive feedback and we will continue improving our standards of service at all times.

Thank you for your valuable suggestion about early breakfast. Please rest assured that we will consider it respectively.

Looking forward to welcoming you back to our Hotel in the nearest future.

Best Regards,

Reviewed 17 June 2017

My 30th time staying at Rixos-Almaty and it was great every time. All the rooms are unique and very clean. The staff is very attentive and very well trained. Almost all meals was included in my rate and was awesome. I'm always amazed with the very experienced and professional staff. Rixos location is great and is close to the heart of the city & almost to every place.

Room Tip: All views are exceptional, City Views & Park View
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
MakhmutZ, General Manager at Rixos Almaty, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2017

Dear Al Kudah Kosai,

We would like to thank you for the continued loyalty to Rixos Almaty.

We highly appreciate your valuable and warm comments.

Rixos Almaty wishes you all the best in the professional and personal life.

We always looking forward to welcome you at Rixos Almaty in the nearest future..

Best Regards,

Reviewed 13 June 2017 via mobile

Great hotel however the lobby bar was dead without any entertainment even they do have a Piano available and the hotel was fully booked all wanted to have a good time ...breakfast and staff was great and the room in good condition. Good value for money will be back ..

Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business
MakhmutZ, Генеральный директор at Rixos Almaty, responded to this reviewResponded 14 June 2017

Dear TABOUCHE,

Thank you for the great review of our property!

I'm so glad that you found our hotel a good place to stay, and that you enjoyed our hospitality, restaurant and accommodation. Our staff members take their roles in our industry very seriously and try, every day, to provide that quality customer service, that our guests expect.

I’m glad to see those efforts pay off on your last stay. Once again, thank you for your wonderful remarks, which I have shared with our associates.

Looking forward to extend our hospitality once again in the near future.

Reviewed 4 June 2017

having stayed here for sometime you might think the staff would become blasé to your requests but not so.
Last week I cut my finger on the edge of my kitchen sink and told the reception of this, within a short time the maintenance people were in my apartment taking out my sink unit to work on and make safe.
Excellent response, thank you Rixos Reception Staff and thank you maintenance staff.

Room Tip: Ask for a 7th Floor suite, great views and quiet
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business
MakhmutZ, General Manager at Rixos Almaty, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2017

Dear Jask56,

First of all, we would like to thank you very much indeed for your warm and positive comments about our hotel facilities and most importantly for selecting our hotel as your accommodations of choice when you visited Almaty. I am delighted to read that our hospitable team made your stay both comfortable and pleasant.

We would love to have the pleasure of seeing you again as a regular guest and wish you the best in your business and personal endeavors.

Best regards,

Reviewed 31 May 2017 via mobile

A great welcome starting from the main gate,lobby area with smiling faces by reception team makes already happy and comfortable. My room was located on 6th floor from where I could have a nice view. Actually I like my room and its amenities.By the way it is good that staff has knowledge about registration rules for some citizens in Kazakhstan. I have not had chance for tasting the breakfast during this visit,due to my previous trips I knew already about its variety.Regard location I must say that excellent,close to many restaurants,shops,exchange offices etc. Finnaly I would like to add that service at lobby outlets & interiors was wonderful. THANKS

Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business
MakhmutZ, General Manager at Rixos Almaty, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2017

Dear ozan_soykurt,

We are pleased to know that you have enjoyed your stay with us and moreover, we are happy to hear that you liked the service first as complete satisfaction is our goal at Rixos Almaty.

Reviewed 29 May 2017 via mobile

Excellent place to stay in the heart of downtown Almaty. Great service, staff and food. Highly recommend place. Denis at the reception was very helpful as well. He was very attentive as was most of the staff in the hotel. It was a pity that I couldn't try the spa as it was highly recommended. Stayed for 3 nights in Almaty and enjoyed every minute of it.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled solo

Dear josam1715,

I am so pleased that You enjoyed your last stay with us here at Rixos Almaty.
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experiences online. I was happy to hear that Denis, the receptionist, and other staff of our hotel provided you with excellent service. Your valuable comments about our service mean a lot to my staff and myself.

It is a pity that you were not able to visit our Royal Spa as it is indeed highly recommended for our guests.

I will pass your lovely comments on to my entire team who will be thrilled to hear your wonderful feedback.

We will be sincerely happy to welcome you again at Rixos Almaty!

Kind regards,