All reviews business trip excellent hotel rain shower lobby bar breakfast buffet guest relations turkish bath very pleasant stay steam room central location great spa spa center business traveler sushi rooms are spacious visiting almaty non smoking room
Reviewed July 8, 2017

What an amazing property. As soon as you walk into the multi-story atrium and lobby area, you feel as if you have "arrived". Everything was very well done, the room was impeccable, the food was great and it was a pure pleasure to relax amongst the greenery of the lobby area. Included in the room rate is use of the sauna and hammam. I went to the hammam twice and both times I had the marble hot stone all to myself. I traveled to Astana afterward and had booked a stay at a large well-known international chain. When I passed by the Rixos in Astana, I immediately wished I had booked there, based simply on memories of the Rixos Almaty.

Room Tip: Rooms facing south will have a nice view of the mountains
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled solo
MakhmutZ, General Manager at Rixos Almaty, responded to this reviewResponded July 13, 2017

Dear RMP1978,

Your recent review made our day! Thank you very much indeed for your warm and positive comments about our hotel and most importantly for selecting Rixos Almaty as your accommodations of choice when you visited our city.

We are also pleased to hear that you felt comfortable in our classic designed hotel rooms, our spacious and open lobby area and Spa facilities.

We would love to have the pleasure of seeing you again as a regular guest

Reviewed July 4, 2017

Stayed here for 7 nights toward the end of June. From beginning to end it was a wonderful experience. We were well taken care of by the staff. Rooms were very comfortable, Spa services were great. Breakfast Buffett was fantastic. We were with a big group that had to leave around 6:50 for 3 mornings and the staff opened up 30 minutes early for us so we could have breakfast before we left. Thank you for your kindness. Also. a shout out for the front desk who literally walked us out to the street to show us how to get a shared ride for places we wanted to go. Over and beyond. thank you .I misplaced the paper with names of front desk workers but they were very helpful.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear Rongret,

Thank you for your kind words and the time you took to share them with us. We are so glad that you enjoyed our hospitality, breakfast buffet, accommodation and Spa center.

Our hotel aims to provide a truly unique experience, and we are thrilled that we were able to exceed your expectations.

We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the future.

Reviewed June 25, 2017 via mobile

Stayed here for one night on business. Perfect location, hotel provides airport pick up which is really important as taxis in Kazakhstan can be difficult and not to be trusted.
The rooms and bathrooms are large, newly renovated and comfortable.
The internet is fast and free.
The hotel is a grand, imposing building in a central location with various restaurants and cafes nearby.

The service was warm, efficient and friendly.

Nice hotel, thanks!

Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Paul T
MakhmutZ, Генеральный директор at Rixos Almaty, responded to this reviewResponded July 3, 2017

Dear Paul T,

First of all, we would like to thank you very much indeed for your warm and positive comments about our hotel services and facilities and most importantly for selecting our hotel as your accommodations of choice when you visited Almaty.

We would love to have the pleasure of seeing you again as a regular guest and wish you the best in your business endeavors.

Sincerely Yours,

Reviewed June 24, 2017

I work in Kazakhstan from 7 years and I think I had the possibility to sleep, at least, in 10 different hotels in Almaty, BUT, from when I tried Rixos Hotel, I am sure I have found the one I needed.
In short:
- ALWAYS very kind personnel,
- Management very customer oriented,
- Care of the need of a single client (they remember my preferences in bedding and room kind and always provide them to me),
- Very good food at restaurant, lobby bar and breakfast,
- Clean, silent and high class hotel.
I am their client and I will be till I will work in KZ.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business

Dear VSanna,

We would like to thank you for the continued loyalty to Rixos Almaty and highly appreciate your valuable and warm comments. Our sincere appreciation of your patronage can not be overstated. We want to assure you that we will continue to do all we can to justify your confidence in Rixos Almaty and wish you all the success and fulfillment in your business and personal life.

Reviewed June 20, 2017 via mobile

We booked a deluxe room, which is quite large, having a desk and chaise lounge in addition to a king sized bed.

A Porter helped with the luggage as we were checked in quite early (10 am) - we had expected a need to store luggage and wait in the lobby or walk around town until afternoon check-in, but were pleased we were able to immediately crash from our long flight.

The lobby is beautiful, the included buffet breakfast sumptuous, and the staff is plentiful and friendly.

Alcoholic drinks, however, are measured very carefully and priced by NYC standards - definitely not a bargain!

Have only eaten dinner once at the restaurant so will delay review on that until we have more experience.

If you have the funds, I highly recommend the accommodations.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear Cathy T,

We are pleased to know that you have enjoyed your stay with us and moreover, we are happy to hear that you liked the service, as complete guest satisfaction is our primary goal at Rixos Almaty. Please rest assured that we acknowledged your comments about the beverage prices, but would like to mention that those are in par with the local market. We will take this opportunity however to check if some prices could be revised.

Sincerely Yours,