All reviewsviewing towerobservation deckdressing tabledouble sinksfull barconference roomthe buffet style mealsin spite of the factdining areaswimming poolenjoyed our stayfacing mtbush dinnerrooms tentsnice lodgeentrance gatehuge bathroom
Reviewed January 1, 2016 via mobile

My visit to Kilima was extra memorable as it is where i did propose to my wife on the day my parents were celebrating their 25th anniversary. All my family members were present. The staff were very helpful in both instances.

The facility is extra huge but we liked it. The restaurant and lounge had great futniture. Their service and entertainment was good too.

The rooms were large enough and we got one with a view to the mountain. I woke up early and spotted the peak of Kilimanjaro clearly.

I would definitely visit again.

Stayed: February 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank Martin M
Reviewed December 8, 2015

I returned to this beautiful luxury tented safari camp in September for a two-day stay while on a tour. To my amazement, the second day, my waiter came to me and asked if I had stayed there before. It seemed the staff remembered me from a two-day visit three years before! That was absolutely amazing to me and showed that the staff took pride in meeting and serving each individual who stays there. The tents are really spacious and well-appointed, so that you may forget you are even in a tent. And how often can you look at Mount Kilimanjaro while brushing your teeth or sitting on your patio. It is a view that you cannot get enough of! The pool area is private and lovely, the restaurant and lobby reminds you that you are in Africa, and the staff are wonderful. I loved my second visit as much as my first and would happily return on my next visit to incredible Kenya. This is one of my favourite places to stay...

Stayed: September 2015
Reviewed September 26, 2015

Karibu!

Our first trip to Africa and we made a great choice. We chose Globus Tented Camp Safari. Every place we stayed was "top drawer" and our tour and guide were perfect. We arrived mid-day at Kilima Camp and were greeted with fresh wet cloths to cool us from our journey from Nairobi. It was just us with our guide and 2 other travelers so we had the place to ourselves. What a beautiful place! The accommodations, food, and scenery are all spectacular. Since we were such a small group our dining was ala carte. I can't say enough so since a picture is worth a thousand words, I will let my photos tell the story. Be patient and you will see Kilimanjaro. On a clear day it is visible from your camp.

Asante Sana

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed September 11, 2015

Beautiful view of Mt, kilimanjaro from the tower of Kilima safari camp , located next to Kimana gate park entrance . feel the jungle with value added services .hospitality was excellent , KERIKA one great personality i met in hotel that was in Wikipedia of the surroundings

Room Tip: its resort like same rooms better take pool side
  • Stayed: July 2015, travelled with friends
1  Thank Narendra B
Reviewed September 2, 2015 via mobile

Had so much fun here.

Our drive down to this camp was filled with excitement and expectation. We were a real big group, a hundred and thirty six, translated literally into Four mini buses and a six seater van.

The manager, Peter and his team (I must mention thstvthe staff were very friendly) welcomed us quite warmly with chilled fruity cocktails that quenched our thirst immensely. Quite refreshing this was! Every ones face lit up to the surroundings. The maasai's at the reception made it even more warm and accommodating.

Lunch was tantalising. It was not easy to handle such a big group but they pulled it through so swiftly. This paved way for us to do light team building activities. There is room enough for this just by the conference hall. Diner can be served by the pool, or if preferred you could be indulged in a bush set up as u watch animals while you enjoy music I the bush. This is surely phenomenal.

Their accommodation facilities are okay. One can view Mt. Kilimanjaro from most rooms and especially from the dinning room and better still from the 3 storey viewing tower, which offers a panoramic view of both the lodge and the park. The watering hole within the lodge offers an opportunity to see the animals even at a closer range.

The pool is spectacular and most enjoyed swimming, actually as early as dawn, as ice cold as the water was. Not to mention the massage, very very good. A must have.

If on a fitness program, no worries one shed off the extra calories by walking around the facility under the watchful eye of the guards.

It surely is a jewel in the jungle. Would visit it over and over again.
We enjoyed our stay here.

Stayed: August 2015, travelled on business