All reviews viewing tower dressing table observation deck double sinks panoramic view full bar the buffet style meals in spite of the fact dining area conference room facing mt swimming pool evening entertainment rooms tents enjoyed our stay bush dinner huge bathroom
Reviewed February 18, 2018 via mobile

We visited as a family and the staff were friendly, helpful and caring. We had two rooms, my room was 2 beds, the droppings on the floor made me feel the room wasn’t as clean as it could be. The food was in containers but not even warm which concerned me with a lot of flies about in tables, glasses and cutlery the site appeared in need of a refurbishment, the pool was good but the toilets full of droppings and again not as clean as they could be. We left after one night. It’s a shame really as I feel this lodge as such potential.

Date of stay: February 2018
1  Thank Coronation11
Reviewed January 30, 2018 via mobile

I had always wanted an Amboseli Safari and def what complements a great safari is a nice lodge/ camp! Kilima Safari camp was ideal!
Rooms were clean, well provisioned and even had 2 beds!
Dining- they did have a variety & great food! Very attentive staff- Jonathan & Kazungu ( bar) were particularly helpful & kind!
I wanted to have breakfast at the fire place facing Mt Kilimanjaro and they arranged this for me at no extra cost.
A huge and well maintained pool & poolside!
Very convenient location as it's close to the park!
Def a place I'd stay again! Kudos

Trip type: Travelled with friends
Madahotels_11, Guest Relations Manager at Kilima Safari Camp, responded to this reviewResponded March 21, 2018

Hello Jackie,

Thank you the kind review.
We are glad you had an amazing time with us.
We believe in offering the best and to make your stay as comfortable as possible.
We will most definitely pass the accolades to Jonathan and Kazungu for the amazing job they did.
Thank you once more and hope that you come visit us again.

Regards

Paul
Guest Relations | Kilima Safari Camp, Amboseli

Reviewed January 10, 2018

We had a nice time in the hotel before and after the safari.The room was very clean, cleaned thoroughly before our stay.Bathroom and toilet very large and clean.
Food and service is good.At night, the power in the houses is turned off.
We did not have any problems..

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank LILIANAandJACEK
Madahotels_11, Guest Relations Manager at Kilima Safari Camp, responded to this reviewResponded January 29, 2018

Hi Liliana,

Thank you for the kind reviews.
We appreciate the fact that you enjoyed most of your stay with us.
We strive to bring excellence in all our services.
We hope you come and stay with us the next time you are in Amboseli for an even greater experience.

Regards

Paul
GUEST RELATIONS | KILIMA SAFARI CAMP

Reviewed January 8, 2018

Very spacious tent/wooden lodges with comfortable beds and huge bathrooms. Lots of space between the tents so no noise issues and very, very dark at night. The main building/dining room is vast and airy, very relaxing. It is worth climbing the observation tower in the morning for clear views of Kilimanjaro. The swimming pool is huge, with lots of loungers in the shade for sleeping off early morning safari drives. The road to the hotel and park gate is very bumpy and dusty but the journey is worth it. We even saw a group of three male elephants before arriving at the camp.

Reviewed December 24, 2017 via mobile

The hotel looked good when we got in but as we continued staying our stay was continuously horrible. The rooms are dirty. Layers of actual dirt in the room. I couldn’t sleep at night because I get affected heavily by dust and dirt. I now have a clogged nose. The beds are metal springs. Not the fancy type but the ones that you can’t sleep on. I felt metal when lying on it so much so that I slept on the small bed despite paying for the full room and eventually had to combine the beds because I was sharing it with my son.

The toilet also doesn’t flush. Horrid particularly with a kid in the room. Oh and there is no room service save for once In the morning so how you left the room say at 1pm is how you will find it at 10pm.

The food. Nothing to write home about. There is nothing special about the food. It’s tasteless. Bland and just stews. Even fish fillet was in a tin of soup. We barely ate anything.

The service was also meh. Not the best. But not the worst.

There are no activities other than the pool. Not even bush dinner for Christmas. Not even the usual traditional dancers to make the holiday feel special.

I wish I had taken time to read more reviews. I feel short changed. I have one more night here but we paid the full price upfront. I definitely regret this decision. I strongly do not recommend it.

On a separate note I do not understand why people would spend so much money on such a beautiful establishment and then neglect it to the point of disrepute.

2  Thank Stella M