All reviews holiday plaza polo lounge new wing deluxe room shopping mall room service chinese restaurant other hotels parking space coffee house club floor pleasant stay big room nasi lemak non smoking room housekeeping staff front office
Reviewed August 30, 2016

I was pleased to be greeted with smiling staffs. They were patient when assisting me to clear my doubts. The room was clean and spacious. The bed was large!! It was definitely a great night. I will definitely book again. this time for a longer period of time :)

I just hope they have a kid pool in the near future.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank AdahA17
HPKhoo, General Manager at Mutiara Johor Bahru, responded to this reviewResponded August 31, 2016

Dear guest
Thank you for your positive comments. I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and we hope to have the pleasure of serving you soon in the near future. Kind regards.

Reviewed August 30, 2016

Good location, with shopping malls a stone's throw away from the hotel. Staff are pleasant with the breakfast spread fair in quality. The rooms are a good size and clean. I was very kindly upgraded to the executive floor. Lounge was quiet and the staff manning it very helpful and efficient. However, the evening cocktails and food spread was woefully inadequate and limited. Very disappointing. However, given that it was a complementary upgrade; what am I to complain?

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank Ujin L

Dear guest
It was a pleasure to have you as a guest at Mutiara Johor Bahru and we appreciate your positive comments. Meanwhile, we will continue to improve on our services to meet guest’s expectations. We hope to have the pleasure of serving you soon in the near future. Kind regards.

Reviewed August 28, 2016

Good meeting place for businesses and for the leisure of good local foods around the hotel. Hotel staff are friendly especially the Club Floor Lounge staff who are very courteous and friendly. Quite a change from my last visit in 2015.

Room Tip: new wing rooms are better.
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank Toon8888

Dear guest
Thank you for giving us the opportunity to serve you. I am glad that the accommodation, food and service were to your liking, as complete satisfaction is our goal. We certainly look forward to your return trip to our hotel where we trust you will have a memorable experience. Kind regards.

Reviewed August 25, 2016

I stayed here for a night. I was pretty amazed by the hotel.

The hotel is located very near KSL Mall. The landmark to this hotel is Holiday Villa Johor.

The hotel from out, it doesnt look very appealing but, overall the hotel is well maintained. The lobby assistance is efficient, which is a good thing.

Room wise, it is clean and tidy. Their twin bed, is pretty big, A bed can sleep for 2 people. The size of the room is quite spacious which is good. Amenities wise, it is well prepared. Water (2 bottles) is replenished daily and free of charge.

The breakfast of this hotel is pretty amazing. Food choice wise, there's plenty to choose from. Taste is good, and coffee is good as well.

Distance to Woodlands checkpoint is about 5KM away, but the hotel is located in a place whereby if you're hungry, drive down the road or walk a little, you will reach a place with tons of shop lots!

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank John M
HPKhoo, General Manager at Mutiara Johor Bahru, responded to this reviewResponded August 26, 2016

Dear guest,
We would like to thank you for sharing your stay-experience in our hotel with fellow travellers. It’s good to see that you enjoyed your time with us and we hope to have the pleasure of serving you soon in the near future. Kind regards - HP Khoo, General Manager

Reviewed August 24, 2016 via mobile

I have stayed at this hotel 4 years ago on 2 occasions. Nothing memorable. But at this recent visit, I was pleasantly surprised by the good, attentive and hospitable service from the staff. The kind of service experienced was very evident across the entire hotel - from the conference rooms, coffee house, Chinese Restaurant and reception.

Kudos to the team. Please don't lose this edge in your service.

As for the food - I feel it is still work in progress. Bread seems stale. Green Tea - diluted. Overall food tends to be salty and greasy. While the effort to make fresh Ondeh-Ondeh, Blue Berries Crumble and Waffles was commendable - the one overseeing the food area should be mindful of the long queue and try to being greater efficiency in the serving. The ones serving were stressed and overwhelmed by the crowd and demand. After awhile the Ondeh-Ondeh became bigger and dough thicker.

Apart from that - I would say it's a good place to stay and meet.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank Beatrice K

Dear guest,
We are really glad to know that you had a pleasant stay at our hotel, and we would like to thank you for letting us know it with your review. Meanwhile, we will continue to improve on our services to meet guest’s expectations and we sincerely look forward to welcome you back soon. Kind regards.