Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
RIMZ S
Singapore

dont waste ur money on the buffet!

Review of GBW Hotel
3.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed Jan 4, 2024
not reviewing the hotel, rather its the buffet dinner at their restaurant - mezzanine.. with so much tiktok vids n talks on their buffet, decided to try n i wud give it a 2/5 rating. nasi lemak was uncooked, complained n tey mix it up instead wif the cooked ones! food was so so n nothing to be wowed for. overall its not a 2nd come back again for the buffet.
Date of stay: January 2024
    C$41
    C$56
2.9 km from GBW Hotel
View more hotels in Johor Bahru
All reviews city square egg station jb ciq mall
Selected filters
Reviewed January 1, 2024 via mobile

Very terrible hotel and is a HAUNTED HOTEL!! I was booked on 29/12 for 3 nights in this GBW Hotel , it really scared and 1st experienced who are faced this kind of HORRIBLE SITUATION!!
The happening is like this , our room is twin bed room which is separated living room and bedroom include kitchen. The night after dinner, we went back to hotel, my friend feels very weird in our room, but she ignored and never think so much. Around 11pm , suddenly our bedroom , toilet and tv was shutdown by itself but the two aircond and kitchen lights and living tables lights it ON. Then near the bed two small lights suddenly blink blink on and off twice !! Wtf !! One of my friend have “third eyes” can see those spirit. my friend told us don’t scared, just in awhile those lights & tv will turn in back. After the bed two small lights keep on and off , it really the tv and bedroom and toilet lights it turn on by itself! We faster checkout and find others hotel ! Room no is 801. If not believed can go and stay . Hu Hu Hu .. I won’t recommend my friend come to this hotel . Room was too bad, dirty, smelly and leaking . OMG !!

Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed December 31, 2023 via mobile

It's not 4 star hotel. Upon arrival, was disappointed to see the hotel looks really old and not renovated.
During check-in, Recep inform us the room we requested for, superior deluxe twin room with bathtub was unavailable, only King room was available. However, the hotel has option to add extra bed at an additional cost, but Recep fail to inform us. So we took the room they give us, just a normal twin room with 2 beds. After check-in at Room 1618, I saw the twin bed abit small, pillows were relatively flat, so I call room service request for 2 more pillows. The housekeeping inform us 2 more pillows at extra charge of RM50, but I listen wrongly, thought it's RM15. Then the crew came up, delivered 1 more extra bed with 2 pillows. Charge me RM50 per night which I also duno it's per night charging. I was stunned but I thought aiyah, just take it lah. Cuz the bed seem too cramped for 2 people to squeeze in. So went down lobby paid for RM150 for 3 days use, they give 3 days breakfast voucher to compensate as its considered paying for 1 more guest in full price. Felt quite cheated lah tbh. The room was extremely in need of renovation, water ingress marks, mould, stains on curtains, old rusty sliding door to balcony, stained bedsheets and head frame turns me and my hubby off pretty much. The carpet looks so dirty we don't dare stepped on it in bare foot. TV cannot make it. Not much programs. My son who has sensitive skin kena many weird insect bites, possibly dust mites. Lucky no bed b... Anyway, only good thing is Aircon very strong and cold, but I suspect no quarterly maintenance done. Woke up v often as sinusitis acts up. The swimming pool was really terok. Got broken Pool tiles, falling off wall light cover that looks like tefal frying pan, floor is very slippery. No pool towels for hotel guests to use. So the lifts are wet after kids used the pool. Terok terok. Won't Come again.

Room tip: If u on budget, then u book this hotel
Reviewed December 11, 2023 via mobile

Our Religious Group El Shaddai, booked the function room for 85paxs, for our Christmas Party 2023,The room was very good high ceiling, very good air conditioning system. The food and drinks is overflowing, nice food , with many desserts, ice cream, and many more 70 Rinnggit per person with a lot of choices . All staff was accommodating ,friendly and helpful big thanks to Ms Sarah of Front desk , The place near JB Immigration and surrounded by big malls, with free shuttle service .Highly recommended

Room tip: Book Early
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed November 22, 2023 via mobile

My favourite hotel in Johor Bahru Malaysia
Aside from location hotel room was so big the price is cheaper compare to boutique hotel.
The Front Desk Staff names Zara is kind helpful and very accommodating.
Walking distance from immigration, and City Square Mall.
There's a lot of food choices surrounding the hotel

Room tip: Make an early booking this hotel is always fully book
Date of stay: July 2023
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed July 3, 2023 via mobile

Pros
- Good aircon condition considering this is a dated hotel
- Patient concierge and take time to explain
- Spacious room
- Provided bottled water and instant coffee
- Basic toiletries
- Free shuttle bus to City Square and Mid Valley
- 10 to 15mins walk from CIQ

Cons
- Dated hotel and room
- Stained carpet
- Only free to air channels available on TV
- Bathtub needs a good scrubbing
- Swimming pool leaves much to be desired

Stayed for a night at a last min decision. For the price offered, I'd consider choosing this hotel as my last few options.

Date of stay: July 2023