“NEVER NEVER EVER!!!!”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Reviewed May 14, 2013 via mobile

OMG don't waste your time or money going to this disgusting restaurant. You order a glass of wine and a thimble of wine comes out. You get one piece of bread at a time. And you have to ask for another piece if you want one. Our appetizers were gross and our meals were even worst. I won't even bring home the leftovers for my dog. There is no parking and the service is terrible I think that sums it up.

Date of visit: March 2013

Reviewed May 12, 2013

Don't waste your money We were told the our entree would be ready in a few minutes a number of times,while the place was empty . It turned out to be an over an hour waiting. At the point we were told that the kitchen had problems We had the salad which was good. The cold bread was tasteless with the dipping oil. The young Waitress kept playing with her hair (not a good situation to see) and not checking with us about the status of our entrees ..The service was terrible. Some of the tables face the bathroom door and they Kept getting inventory some where near the bathroom..We walk out before we got out entrees. Very tight space. NEVER AGAIN!!

Date of visit: May 2013
Reviewed March 3, 2013

If you want to experience cuisine that will make a lasting impression on your palate, you must dine here. My wife had the cavatelli with guanicole, pesto and pecorino toscano while I had the cortecce( a type of flat pasta) with octupus and calabria peppers--the taste was very different and out of this world. The salad was seasoned like you were in Italy. We topped it off by sharing a vanilla panna catta desert--such a smooth texture and taste. Be careful--if you want any of your dishes split by the kitchen-you will be charged foir dollars. They let you know this on their menu--we split the salad ourselves to avoid this. They give you an option of portions for the main course-appetizer size or full. My wife had the appetizer size-it was enough. The ambiance was intimate. The decor was not impressive-the reason why it wasn't an excellent rating.

Date of visit: March 2013
Reviewed January 28, 2013

This new Italian restaurant in the middle of Ardsley (all two blocks of it) has a relatively small menu. But, on the whole the pastas are freshly made, unusually prepared, and are flavorful. The staff tries very hard to please -- and they do! They could stand to add more choices. Worth the trip -- but make a reservation. Ask for the rear dining room, because the front one is noisy, dark and over-crowded.

Date of visit: January 2013
Reviewed December 27, 2012

I am shocked that Italian Kitchen is listed on Tripadvisor as #7 out of 13 in Ardsley because it is an excellent restaurant. The service is great -- attentive, but never hovering -- and the ambiance is cozy and inviting. Everything I've ever tasted on the menu is delicious, and much of it is unlike anything you've had before, such as the Stozapretti, and a pasta with meltingly tender octopus (I disliked octopus until I tasted this dish!). I particularly love that most pastas can be ordered as half portions -- very large half portions at that -- so that you don't have to overstuff yourself. If I had to level any criticism, it's that I am somewhat baffled by the serving size of the $5-6 appetizers, often very generously sized, in comparison to some of the $12-14 appetizers, which can be skimpy for the price (such as the beet salad which, though delicious, is pricey and usually lacks enough cheese). Overall, however, it is a minor criticism because the food is so very, very good. The fact that it's getting harder and harder to get a reservation attests to Italian Kitchen's greatness.

Date of visit: December 2012