“Good for late lunch”

Ranked #385 of 498 Restaurants in Langkawi
A TripAdvisor Member
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed April 4, 2018 via mobile

My family arrived this restaurant at around 3:00pm. Surprisingly, the waitresses and cooks woke up immediately and get prepared for our service. In fact, almost no restaurant was opened at this hour.

The food was ok. I cannot give to comprehensive comments because we just ordered very ordinary dishes, including fried noodles, beef and vegetables.

Reviewed January 27, 2018

I was ripped off in broad daylight because the restaurant charged me almost double for the fish i ordered. The fish they served was not big, i would estimate it to be 700g max, but in the bill they charged me for 1.25kg! I mean 1.25kg would be quite a big fish and u would be able to differentiate between the two. Anyways even after questioning them about it, they just insisted it was 1.25kg with a straight face. Very dishonest! It was a really bad experience. Like the last reviewer, i wish i read the reviews before going there. So i would say best to avoid such dishonest business.

Reviewed January 5, 2018 via mobile

I went in tonight with my family for a late dinner. The place had looked nice from the street and we wanted something Thai.

My mum and I ordered the Pineapple Rice, Fried whole Red Snapper with Mangoes and Beancurd with Crab Sauce. My husband ordered the Grilled Tiger Prawns with a Lime and Ginger dressing and my son ordered the Crispy Fried Squid.

The Pineapple Rice was flavourless and was basically fried plain rice with yellow colouring and fresh pineapple which somehow also lacked flavour. Plain steamed rice would have been better than this.

The Red snapper was quite good but lacked the balance of sweet, sour, salty and hot in its mango dressing.

Not sure why the Beancurd with Crab Sauce was named so. There was no crab in it at all. There was no crab flavour at all. Beancurd with egg sauce would have been more apt.

Grilled Tiger Prawns with Lime and Ginger dressing? Grilled Tiger Prawns yes but no Lime and Ginger dressing so was quite bland. Instead a chilli sauce came out with garlic in it which my husband cannot have as he has an allergy to garlic. We had to ask the waiter if the sauce contained garlic, he didn’t understand English so had to ask the original waitress who took our order, she had to ask the chef. All this after we stated twice while ordering that the grilled prawns had to have no onions or garlic in either the marinade or the sauce!

Lastly, my son’s crispy fried squid. The dish that keeps on giving. The reason I’m sitting in bed next to my son comforting him and making sure he is ok after a bout of vomiting from the lovely crispy fried squid. The dish that he wanted all for himself. The dish my husband and I had to clean from the floor at 1am in the morning. I won’t be having any squid for a very long time.

The service was acceptable only up till the order is taken. Once that’s done, you’re on your own. No one comes to see how your dinner is going, if you wanted a top up on drinks and you have to wave someone down to get the bill when there were only three tables in the restaurant.

Not a good experience after having plenty of good food for the past four days in Langkawi.

I should have read the reviews before going in.

Reviewed September 5, 2017

Never again and this I think they know. You as a turist will not come again, why then serve something good? The best what we had was beer, the price was much higher than quality. Wants recommendation? Go away...

Reviewed June 18, 2017

the ambiance might not be very very good but food was excellent. It was very reasonable. Since we went late,we did not get crabs and tender coconut water what we wanted.