“Tasty Thai food with reasonable prices”

Haji Jelani Seafood and Tom Yam
Ranked #225 of 514 Restaurants in Langkawi
Cuisines: Thai
Reviewed December 16, 2015 via mobile

This restaurant is now under a new management. My husband and I were here twice this week and pretty happy with it. Their foods come in small, medium and large portions. Small is enough for 2-3 people and around RM10-12, depending on what you get.

We liked their red and green curry the best. They were really thick and tasty. The kra phao chicken and omelette were good too. You can also get mango sticky rice from the next door restaurant. Order it from your waitress and they'll bring it over.

We paid RM42 and RM31 for dinner and it was money well spent. Just make sure the waitress writes down your orders correctly or you'll get black pepper squid instead of kra phao squid like we did.

Reviewed March 16, 2015

I forgot to warn my family to give this Thai Restaurant a miss as the charges often does not make sense. We were charged RM92.00 for lunch. After we asked the cashier how does it becomes RM92.00 she simply said "that is how it is".

We then asked how much each individual meals cost, like a piece of fried chicken, a plate of Mee Goreng, etc and the actual price came to RM35.00. The owner came to apologise and said "we thought you were not local". What! This restaurant gave Langkawi a bad name. At one occasion my colleague's from KL had breakfast and was charged RM16.00 for a Nasi Goreng and fried egg. She was embarrassed to question about it but it really should have been RM5.00 tops.

The over priced issues was highlighted to the City Counsel and the Member of Parliament to look into.

Food Quality: Thai food is Thai food, nothing to shout about. Stay away from this restaurant

3  Thank AnuarAhmad
Reviewed October 28, 2014

You probably need a car to get there as its out of the way from the normal tourist strip. Delicious baked seafood with generous portions of fried rice.

Reviewed August 11, 2014 via mobile

We are staying at Langkawi Chantique and spotted this place on the way into town for dinner last night. The food is tasty with large portions and better bake than the main strip. My only gripe would be that there is very little vegetarian choice but as it is primarily a seafood restaurant that is my own problem!

1  Thank allegro_barbaro
Reviewed May 17, 2014

Be carefully when you take your lunch here. They have so many dishes. We ended paying for 2 person for our lunch at RM40. The deep fried fish, cost me RM25 per fish. For me it's very expensive. Ask them first before you choose your side dishes. Their workers almost all Siamese.