“Sensation of life”

Kampung Tok Senik Resort Langkawi
Ranked #52 of 107 Hotels in Langkawi
Reviewed 21 March 2017 via mobile

This resort are very lonely. It suitable to people to forget temporary about the town.. the rubber tree at around resort make u calm down .. resort have good pool . The maintenance staff are very friendly , thank to mr anuar/mr muzammil / mr jan .. the staff told me everything about the resort.. that nice.. i swear i will come again here to relax my mind.. dont forget give discount to me. Hahaha

Stayed: April 2016, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 30 November 2016 via mobile

We will never come back here. Bought the stay from Groupon and regretted it once we got there. The place is really really run down. The room we were given had termites every where. We demanded for another room and was given another room which was like 10% better only.

Breakfast was so so only. Don't be fooled by the pictures. This place really needs a make over.

Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family
2  Thank Susan M
Reviewed 1 November 2016

I was traveling on a late-honeymoon and this was by far, the best stay I have had!
* Loved the place - Quiet, Lonely, Deserted, Forestry (but not like Wrong-turn :-) ),
* Swimming pool was the best, located on top of a hill, amazing views - Didn't want to come out to the pool!
* Room rates were a steal.
* Ideal to rent a car/bike from airport, to come to this place (as it is far from all scenic spots/beaches).
* Completely isolated from all actions & sounds but certainly worth the visit.
* Ideal to check the room (while check-in) for all switches, washroom, air-conditioner and beds because going out in the late evening would be tough since it is quite dark.

I would love to come again to this place, with family & frens.

Room Tip: Request cottage near Swimming pool
  • Stayed: March 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank EmersonSamuel
Reviewed 29 September 2016 via mobile

Stayed for just a night. Bought the room thru an online agent. The best way to get the best rate. But then, something need to be done to this what was once a great property.
Needed some TLC on the surrounding and room condition.
Beautiful area however. Away from everything. Peace and quiet. Rooms are spacious but could do witha little bit more attention by housekeeping.
Breakfast was a set menu. Not buffet. But selection and taste was good. Liked it.
Staff needed more training. Not fit for such a nice resort.
You need to lower your expectations before coming here. If you can do that, you will like it.
This could be in the same level ad Four Seasons, if done right.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 10 August 2016

GO there if you want to live in an isolated (sort of) bungalow in the middle of (sort of) a forest!

This resort is basically spread over a very large area. There are different traditional buildings/bungalows for reception, restaurant, spa, pool and the rooms. Guests stay in bungalows which have to be accessed using vehicles as they are quite far away from the reception and the road is also quite hilly/steep.

Pros:
(1) Unique experience due to large area of resort and getting to stay in traditional housing;
(2) breakfast and other meals in a hill top restaurant with nice view
(3) Amazing, amazing pool on top of a hill with great view. The pool is one of the best things of this resort and is mostly empty!
(4) The rates are a steal! Definitely stay there for a day or two during your visit to langkawi.
(5) it is more suitable for a leisurely and laid-back trip

Cons:
(1) Rooms are quite aged and require serious renovation. They are still functional but dated and rudimentary. I advice to first carefully check room when checking-in to make sure it is satisfactory.
(2) Isolated and difficult to find. Also rooms are located in individual bungalows and some people may feel freaked out due to that.
(3) Its a challenge to navigate the steep roads inside the resort during rain as the slopes get very slippery! So be careful!

Room Tip: Best to have a rented car if you are planning on staying there!
  • Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 July 2016

The sleepy guest services center is so pleasant. From there they will drive you to your room in a classic car (see photos). Feel free to ask for a ride around the grounds in this car from office to room to pool or wherever, they offered it.

The room (including the bathroom with separate toilet and dual closets) was larger than my home in Sacramento, CA. I felt truly peaceful within that space and loved that it was far from all of the tourist congestion. Once I had my scooter I was set! It was only 45min to one end of the island and 1 1/2hrs to the other.

The restaurant on site however was overpriced and the portions were small. I would cruise the country streets for a Padang buffet - they're amazing!

Room Tip: I chose the Deluxe Suite for $15 a night.
  • Stayed: October 2015, travelled solo
Reviewed 22 July 2016 via mobile

I am going to give to this place two stars instead of one, only because there were some points which some people may find beneficial. But myself I was disappointed, amd was happy we only stayed two nights and not longer.

I will go over it in details:

Good points:

1) Location: people who want to get away from the crowds and want to be in middle of forest, surrounded by greenery, it is a good choice. But be aware that without a motorbike or a car, you going to spend a fortune for taxi as it's far to everywhere.

2) Pool is well maintained and nice, big BUT - you can not fully enjoy it as there are no mattresses on the sunbeds and these, made from wood, are very uncomfortable lay on any longer than 10min. Also tehre is no bar open next to the pool (even though it's advertised as open) so you can not buy any drink here, not even on the reception, you need to bring your own from outside.

Bad points:

1) Accommodation is nothing like it looks in the photos. The cottages are very old and outdated and it looks like from some horror movie where you find forgotten village where no one stayed for years. Things are dirty and dusty. Sheets on beds have stains and hairs in.
The roofs need repairs as if it rains, it leaks through and in morning you find paddles of water on floor. We mentioned that to the staff, they didn't care.
There are always two or there rooms located in one cottage, but between these rooms is only very thin wall, so you can hear everything people speak next door and vice versa. And this is when talking normally, not shouting. So you have absolutely no privacy!!! This was one of the things which annoyed us most.
We came in about 10pm and wanted to talk to each other and people next door started to shout on us that they want sleep, so we needed to whisper in our own room at 10pm :-(.
Bathroom is very old and very rusty, when you have shower it makes a noice as it will all brake soon.
TV has only two or three Malaysian channels so if it rains you have nothing to do here.

2) Staff - well this is a chapter for itself. But I will not bore you with details. Let's say the service is poor in general, with very bad broken English, but whatever, this wouldn't be a big deal for me, if they didn't want to charge me twice for breakfast.
We booked at hotels.com and we paid for room and breakfast.
Knowing how it works in Malaysia, I asked on reception the first day if we will get some vouchers for the breakfast. They said "No worries, just go there". I even asked "Are you sure? Will they know we paid for breakfast already?" And they said yes yes don't worry.
So we went and in the restaurant in the morning we were told we can have anything from the menu, so we did. (American breakfast - that was very poor, and Nasi Lemak, which was half cold but tasted ok).
When leaving the breakfast bar, we were asked to sign a bill for the breakfast. I said why we paid for breakfast but they became very annoyed and bossy with us and we needed to sign it.
So then I went on reception to show them my reservation from hotels.com and that I have paid for breakfast already.
They took 15min looking in PC and then very bossy snowed me "Look you have room only", but he showed me a reservation of completely different person! When I told him that this is not us, he didn't even say sorry amd said it will take to next day to investigate.
Next day we didn't bother to even go for the breakfast even though we paid. When we were checking out, I asked them if they found the correct reservation and if it's ok for the breakfast and they said something like yes, don't worry.

My boyfriend left to return our motor bike and left me there to wait for taxi. As soon aa my boyfriend left, the reception guy came to me again and showed me bill from breakfast amd said I need to pay.
I got really crossed then and said if he is joking with me??? He would not approach me when with my boyfriend but we I was alone then yes?
I told him there is no way I will pay for breakfast twice, not because it's expensive but out of principle, this is ridiculous. There were 5 families in the whole resort and still they were so useless the could not even sort out who had which reservation??

I myself would not stay again, no way. Don't see reason why.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple