Langkawi Lagoon Beach Resort
US$177
US$165
Westin.com
The Danna Langkawi(Pantai Kok)
US$332
US$200
US$147
Agoda.com
  • Breakfast included
Casa del Mar, Langkawi(Pantai Cenang)
US$308
US$195
US$86
Taj Hotels
  • Pool
All reviewsprivate beachswimming poolclose to the airportown transportwater chaletroom was spaciousthe main hotelday bedexplore the islandpantai cenangwater sportscable carkitchenettebuggyjellyfishhoneymoon
Reviewed 14 February 2012

excellent arrangement inside room, we stay in Village on the Sea , 2nd floor, Romantic package..

the furniture is bit old, may be it is the style for this kinda resort..

the breakfast is good, wide range, and the open area is great .. next to the pool

room services , ok

restaurant/dinner, the food is a bit too slow, but taste okay.

pick up to and from airport, great!

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank B C
Reviewed 13 February 2012

Excellent hotel. Very clean.. Beautiful view from the hotel room....
The service from the staff was pretty good too... There's a nice clean beach that connects through the pool area... the hotel is quite and relaxing... nice stay and value for money... but may be pretty over-priced... not worth RM 800 per night.... best to book during their promotion period...

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank drseethaking
Reviewed 15 January 2012

Stayed at Langkawi Lagoon during our holiday there last December for 4 nights. We had a sea facing room with a view to the beach and the pool. The rooms were very clean, the people nice and warm and the food was great too. The package we had booked included B'fast and Dinner, and we must say we thoroughly enjoyed the stay.

Langkawi is a beautiful place and it was great to go exploring the islands during the day and return back to the hotel to watch the sunset and dine at their restaurant at night or go for a massage at the hotel spa. The staff was very courteous and helpful with everything - whether it was vegetarian food choices OR printing our boarding pass for our next flights.

Thoroughly enjoyed our visit and stay & would definitely recommend the place to anyone who wants to visit Langkawi.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a sea view or stay at the Sea Village.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank vibhasme
Reviewed 13 January 2012

Hotel needs updating, we stayed in the sea village suites. The breakfast was ok and their staff was not attentive to any of the customers in the restaurant. We did not eat any other meals at the hotel.

Room Tip: Sea Village is over the lagoon
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank SingaporeDiane
Reviewed 25 November 2011

Did a significant amount of research of research on the internet, and finally swung for Langkawi Lagoon despite a number of negative reviews. I booked what I thought was a decent deal for one of their 'Sea Village Suites', which essentially is a cottage on the water (2 levels, one suite per level).

I went in with high hopes with my fiancee, but unfortunately, the room was, bar none, the worst room I stayed in in the past ten years, and I do a lot of traveling in budget hotels.

1) The room was dirty; parts of the windows and curtains were extremely dusty, and my fiancee got hit in the face with a cloud of dust when she was searching for something in the corner of the curtains.

2) There is some sort of air-con freezer/motor/generator situated right outside the door. It was very, very loud. I can handle noise alright, but my fiancee is very sensitive to sound, and found it very difficult to fall asleep.

3) The room was very hot and humid. This normally would not be a big issue, as we could just turn on the AC, but:

4) The AC smelled like mold or mildew. It was very, very nasty. Clearly not cleaned.

5) The toilet was not working properly; it had that problem old toilets have where after it flushes, the mechanism doesn't work properly and it can't fill with water. We had to manually open up the toilet lid and adjust it to get it work properly. Twice.

6) The final straw was the discovery of two cockroaches in my suite. When I raised this issue with reception/management and asked for a different room, they said none were available, but offered to send in the cleaning crew to give it a thorough cleaning "to get rid of anything which is attracting the cockroaches", subtly suggesting that I was at fault. After waiting an hour, nobody came. This was the last straw; I cut short my intended stay and checked out. This is the first time I have ever gotten so fed up with a hotel that I actually cancelled my reservation early and left.

I really hope I just got a crappy room, but I have strong doubts. This is the first time that I have ever given a review of a room; I was upset enough to do so. I moved into a legitimate 4/5 star, and am posting the review from there. BUYER BEWARE!

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple