“Unforgotable Hotel Ever!!”

Ranked #68 of 100 Hotels in Langkawi
Egypt
“Unforgotable Hotel Ever!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2012

Langkawi Lagoon Resort is one of the best hotel I have ever stay in! .. It very near from the airport. Internet is available in the reception. Food has varieties especially the tropical fruits!!
the view from villas as if you are dreaming, where hills and islands are surrounded. very clean , comfortable, and wide rooms. couldn't believe that the floor of the bathroom is made of wood and inbetween you can see the water of the ocean!!!!! I like the swimming pool and the beach too. the reception get us a taxi for 4 hours to have a special tour.. it was also unforgotable!! ... umbrellas are exist in rooms. air conditions are fine. we had a kitchen in our room too.

Room Tip: take the credit card you used for reservation on the internet... they will ask for. don't forget...
4 Thank HazelRiver

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Indonesian first
Hong Kong, China
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 February 2012

excellent arrangement inside room, we stay in Village on the Sea , 2nd floor, Romantic package..

the furniture is bit old, may be it is the style for this kinda resort..

the breakfast is good, wide range, and the open area is great .. next to the pool

room services , ok

restaurant/dinner, the food is a bit too slow, but taste okay.

pick up to and from airport, great!

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank B C
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 February 2012

Excellent hotel. Very clean.. Beautiful view from the hotel room....
The service from the staff was pretty good too... There's a nice clean beach that connects through the pool area... the hotel is quite and relaxing... nice stay and value for money... but may be pretty over-priced... not worth RM 800 per night.... best to book during their promotion period...

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank drseethaking
Navi Mumbai, India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 January 2012

Stayed at Langkawi Lagoon during our holiday there last December for 4 nights. We had a sea facing room with a view to the beach and the pool. The rooms were very clean, the people nice and warm and the food was great too. The package we had booked included B'fast and Dinner, and we must say we thoroughly enjoyed the stay.

Langkawi is a beautiful place and it was great to go exploring the islands during the day and return back to the hotel to watch the sunset and dine at their restaurant at night or go for a massage at the hotel spa. The staff was very courteous and helpful with everything - whether it was vegetarian food choices OR printing our boarding pass for our next flights.

Thoroughly enjoyed our visit and stay & would definitely recommend the place to anyone who wants to visit Langkawi.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a sea view or stay at the Sea Village.
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank vibhasme
Singapore
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 January 2012

Hotel needs updating, we stayed in the sea village suites. The breakfast was ok and their staff was not attentive to any of the customers in the restaurant. We did not eat any other meals at the hotel.

Room Tip: Sea Village is over the lagoon
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank SingaporeDiane
Kuala Lumpur
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 November 2011

Did a significant amount of research of research on the internet, and finally swung for Langkawi Lagoon despite a number of negative reviews. I booked what I thought was a decent deal for one of their 'Sea Village Suites', which essentially is a cottage on the water (2 levels, one suite per level).

I went in with high hopes with my fiancee, but unfortunately, the room was, bar none, the worst room I stayed in in the past ten years, and I do a lot of traveling in budget hotels.

1) The room was dirty; parts of the windows and curtains were extremely dusty, and my fiancee got hit in the face with a cloud of dust when she was searching for something in the corner of the curtains.

2) There is some sort of air-con freezer/motor/generator situated right outside the door. It was very, very loud. I can handle noise alright, but my fiancee is very sensitive to sound, and found it very difficult to fall asleep.

3) The room was very hot and humid. This normally would not be a big issue, as we could just turn on the AC, but:

4) The AC smelled like mold or mildew. It was very, very nasty. Clearly not cleaned.

5) The toilet was not working properly; it had that problem old toilets have where after it flushes, the mechanism doesn't work properly and it can't fill with water. We had to manually open up the toilet lid and adjust it to get it work properly. Twice.

6) The final straw was the discovery of two cockroaches in my suite. When I raised this issue with reception/management and asked for a different room, they said none were available, but offered to send in the cleaning crew to give it a thorough cleaning "to get rid of anything which is attracting the cockroaches", subtly suggesting that I was at fault. After waiting an hour, nobody came. This was the last straw; I cut short my intended stay and checked out. This is the first time I have ever gotten so fed up with a hotel that I actually cancelled my reservation early and left.

I really hope I just got a crappy room, but I have strong doubts. This is the first time that I have ever given a review of a room; I was upset enough to do so. I moved into a legitimate 4/5 star, and am posting the review from there. BUYER BEWARE!

16 Thank the10ken
KL
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 November 2011

The place is awesome. Let me backtrack a bit, and share how we came upon to Langkawi Lagoon. Me and my girlfriend wanted to take a quick getaway to Langkawi, and an opportunity came for us to fly over last weekend. Next thing you know, on Wednesday last week, I was standing at the reception checkin in :-)

First impression of the hotel is that its very calming and has a nice charm to it. Not to forget the fact that the friendly face at the counters and the nice refreshing drink while waiting to be checked in.

As others mentioned, it is quite a drive from many of the destinations to visit in Langkawi, so if you plan to stay here, be ready to spend on transportation. We booked a car so it didnt bother us much. We spent about RM40 on petrol moving about the island to give a rough idea for those who plan to stay there.

We took the hillview room (its more like overlooking the carpark) but we didnt really care as our idea is not really to stay in the room much. Its cheaper as well. That said, we did want a cosy and nice place to stay, and we did get that in the room.

When we first enter the room, it was clean, very nice earthly looking and looked very pleasing to the eyes. The only issue we had was there was tiny bugs on our bed and gf freaked out a bit. First day we turned on the incest repellant and got away, but the next day we forgot to do that, and today as i write this i have about 10-15 incest bites all over my upper chest and hand. So, either ask them to do a thorough cleanup on the bed, or make sure you turn on the incest repellant before you sleep at night.

Now, lets talk about the other aspects-such as breakfast. For 3 days that we were there, we had an enjoyable breakfast with the number of spreads. It is true though that we saw nearly similar food for the three days, but as the spreads are huge, you can really mix and match and try different cuisines everyday. I had western, local, arabic for the three days.

By the way, while talking about arabic-there is a lot of them here. In fact, 1 of the in house restaurants is catered to arabs. While first is was kind of daunting seeing people walking in black gurba, we got used to them pretty quickly, and even enjoyed the foods :-)

Amenities wise- the pool was fantastic, the staffs were nice (they asked if we need transport to airport when we check out) , the place was nice. We tried the bicycle there and we wont encourage anyone to try that as the bicycle is way rusty and not properly maintained.

While I read the previous reviewers who said the lagoon is not swim-able, but when we went there we saw a number of folks swimming merrily there. I am not so sure whats the status, but we didnt take chances ourselves as we were more used to swimming at the pool and the waterfall nearby the place.

Verdict- I give this place a 3.8 out of 5.

Room Tip: Make sure to turn on the incest repellant at night. Get a transport to move around if you stay her...
5 Thank suthan m