“Lunch”

Aunty Aini's Garden Cafe
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Travel all the way from KL, worth the trip, nice experience, good service and food, would come again!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Service is good, waiter is polite. As the restaurant will get crowded after 1pm, so better come here before 1pm. I have ordered goreng ayam Kampung, kangkung belacan, and sotong masak petai. The sotong masak petai is good, the gravy is nice too, Portion average. Kangkung belacan not bad, portion consider big for 2 person. The goreng ayam Kampung is very little and not worth for the price, but taste OK.

Reviewed 12 March 2018

Was order a chicken chop and sambal sotong petai and feel delicious for both. Very relaxing environment and able to chit-chat while having dinner. A good place for having a gathering. Green environment and will visit for next time!

Reviewed 23 February 2018

If Ramsay Gordon could be humbled by this aunt, then she can kick other a55es too. Based on this reputation, I always wanted to find out what the fuss is all about. Then I came to know it is not that far from KLIA and one fine day after landing in the airport, I headed straight to this restaurant. It is located along a rural road from the airport towards Nilai town. Could have easily missed it but for a big sign by the road.

As the name suggests, you'll be sitted in a garden setting. There are few huts or wakaf for families. Otherwise you'll sit at one of the many tables in the main building.

The menu was extensive with typical masak lemak, sambal tumis, asam pedas with options of proteins to go with the gravies. I have always wanted to try the masak lemak cili daging salai and telur itik. I gave asam pedas tetel a go too with a side of ulams. They let you decide how many duck eggs you want in your masak lemak.

The verdict: I think the masak lemak gravies while aromatic, were on the mild side, maybe to cater to the increasingly international customers. Would be perfect if a handful more cili api is thrown into the mix otherwise it would be underwhelming. The asam pedas gravy was thick but I've tasted better elsewhere. Still good regardless if you are craving for one.

Don't bother about international dishes, this place's specialty is traditional Negeri Sembilan dishes and that's what you should be ordering.

Reviewed 14 February 2018 via mobile

We did a gathering of about 30 of us. And we ordered all that was nogori.
Masak lemak daging salai & perut & duck egg & cendawan kukur. Tempoyak daun. Sambal udang petai. And a few side dishes. Eaten with hot white rice of course!
Explosive & tasty is how i would describe the taste. My N9 friends rated the food 10 out of 10. For me personally it did not bring back childhood memories as I am not a N9 person.

It took most of us 1 hour from KL to get here so you must really love N9 food to go. Parking is ample. The staff very friendly. Book in advanced as the place is very crowded on weekends.
We even met the owner Aunty Aini herself. A bubbly friendly lady.

There are western options on the menu but we didn’t try those. Wear light clothing as the concept is garden dining & Malaysia is a hot country.