Book In Advance

from US$126.00
More Info
from US$187.50
More Info
All reviews canopy walk night walk boat ride night safari han travel mutiara resort lata berkoh kuala lumpur jungle trekking million years wild boar across the river long boat local village water buffalo sleeping bag camera permit
Reviewed March 13, 2017 via mobile

Went there for 3 days 2 nights at it was a last minute plan. It was fantastic and amazing scenery, beautiful birds and honestly it was so big that we couldn't manage to explore the whole area. The trails to Bukit teresek and canopy walk are good, no need for a tour guide. I suggest to check out some exploration package for better experience. We only managed to do night Safari (rm40 per person) and rapid shooting (rm45++, sorry I forgot the exact price for this one). Will definitely come back in the future and am going to try the sleeping at a cave or a hide in the jungle.

2  Thank samiyah s
Reviewed February 18, 2017 via mobile

We were excited about visiting a rain forest even though it meant a really early morning start and a long drive (3 hours) but this visit was totally disappointing. Before booking I asked the agency (Justexplore Travel) if there would be a lot of uphill walking as that is something I wouldn't be able to manage over long distances and they assured me that it was mainly flat but uneven ground. Imagine my look of horror when we got there and were faced with around 300 steps to climb! Bracing myself I managed to finally get through it and made it to the top. All this for a walk over some hanging walkway where all you see is trees and more trees. No animal, insect or any kind of widlife to be seen! Such a waste. After that we had to ofcourse walk down the steps (maybe around 150) to go back to the canoe and over to the Orang Asli village, where a small band of indigenous people live by the river's edge. It was interesting seeing how they make fire and use the blow dart for hunting.
Then it was on to the 'white water' rafting that was not what you would imagine. It's the same wooden canoe that goes over small rapids. It was a nice ride down the river but nothing exciting. At the end of the ride we were taken back to the floating restaurant and given lunch of rice and chicken. As we finished quite early we opted to just be driven back to the hotel rather than stop again for dinner. Overall very disappointing and if it's a true rainforest experience you're after this is not it.

Reviewed February 7, 2017 via mobile

I hiked gunung tahan solo without a guide. It's possible but you'll need navigation. Here's how I did it: hikegunungtahan dot blogspot dot my.

3  Thank Alfred H
Reviewed February 3, 2017

We had a great time whilst exploring Taman Negara National Park.

From Georgetown we took the 101 to the park which costs under £1 one way (can't remember exactly how much) It takes about 45 minutes but it's definitely worth the travel.

Upon arrival i realized we had forgotten our passports and i was frustrated because i read you had to bring them.. however you just need to know your passport number to add to the log and luckily I have a photo of it on my phone. In January the canopy walk was still closed (gutted). The main two walks are monkey beach or turtle beach and we decided to trek to Turtle beach instead as we thought the beach was more beautiful and you can see Monkeys all over Malaysia anyway.

The walk was insane. It's not for the faint hearted as you're climbing hills often but it's so worth it. The forest is incredible, with sounds and smells and sights for sore eyes. We came across a few people on the walk all in high spirits. There's more options for walks within the forest but we stuck to one. Turtle Beach (Pantai Kerachut) is beautiful, tbh there isn't much to see of turtles.. we saw 5.. but the walk and beach is worth it. We slightly regretted when we got there that we hadn't arranged a boat to take us back like other tourists but the walks worth it.

Highly recommend this beautiful hike in this beautiful forest

Reviewed February 2, 2017 via mobile

After considering a second night and what to do n Tamara Negara we finally decided to only stay one night in Kuala Tahan. That is perfectly sufficient to see the most interesting sights if the summary of our tour book and cross-reading TripAdvisor is to be believed. The started right after breakfast to go to the Canopy walkway which is definitely worth a visit! We followed this up by hiking up to Bukit Terisek. This means unfortunately to go up a seemingly endless amount of stairs and on the way back walk mostly on a natural path. Therefore I would recommend to take the clockwise tour from the Park Center and go to Bukit Terisek first, then down to the Canopy Walk. We didn't do any of the other activities as none of them seemed to appealing.

1  Thank felixsf