The Lakehouse, Cameron Highlands
The Mentigi(Tanah Rata)(Great Value!)
US$31
US$25
Hillview Inn(Tanah Rata)
US$25
US$22
Avillion Cameron Highlands(Cameron Highlands)
US$47
US$48
US$44
Priceline
  • Breakfast included
Hotel De' La Ferns(Tanah Rata)
US$71
US$68
US$54
US$49
US$135
All reviewscameron highlandstanah rataafternoon teatudor stylefour poster bedsconesthe main roadfamily suitehigh teabeautiful hoteltea plantationwelcome drinkjungle trekkuala lumpurboutique hotelstrawberry farmboth nights
Reviewed December 28, 2011

I stayed there for 3 nights on my honeymoon in March 2011.Being a travel consultant myself , had done a lot of study about the property before going .... and the hotel lived up to my expectations .... Although the hotel is located in Ringlet which is 20 mins away from Tanah Rata the city centre in Camerron , but the hospitality and the warmth of the staff can compensate that ....
If you love continental food , Cameroon is the place for it . We had one candle light dinner complimentary in our honeymoon package which was very good . Also they serve complimentary breakfast and afternoon tea with homemade scones ... those were delicious Param the front office manager there gets everything right for you ... and also arrange for full day taxi ...We had lunches at
Smokehouse and few local restaurants and dinners were confined to Lake House as the town shuts down by 8 pm .... But food at Lake house was never disappointing .. We had a Honeymoon suite booked for us which was tastefully decorated with roses and we also got fresh fruit platter everyday as part of our package . The decor, the furniture takes you back to good Old British classics , and you will actually feel like a part of it .... Overall , the hospitality , the tea gardens and strawberry garden made my honeymoon just perfect . I would definitely want to go there again .

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed December 28, 2011

I've travelled to Cameron Highlands by car from Singapore. After a nauseating trip up, we finally arrived at the Lakehouse which is as pretty as the pictures itself. Service is immaculate and rooms are extremely clean. The facade is as aethetically pleasing as the interior.

I got the junior suite and it is big enough for a family of 4 with 2 kids (4 and 7 years old). The location of the Lakehouse, however is far away from other places of the highlands so other places are hard to access without a car. However, as I drove, I love the quietness. All food ordered thereat are cooked fresh, so you may gotta wait for a little while.

I also took advantage of ordering a BBQ and I reccomend it greatly. The staff will bring logs from the fireplace (yes, they light up the fireplace nightly) for your BBQ and food turns out better than if they were cooked on charcoal. However the flies were pesky and I quickly moved into the building after cooking all the food.

The entire place was like an exclusive clubhouse. I love sitting by the fireplace enjoying a book with my kids watched cartoon network in the adjacent room. The whole place is just lovely. I will recomend this place to any families going there, with a car.

Surprise- they will wash your car for you in the night.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Kiansoon
Krishna B, Manager at The Lakehouse, Cameron Highlands, responded to this reviewResponded January 23, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind comments and we are delighted that you had enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to your future visit.

Reviewed December 9, 2011

Had visited Cameron Highlands in April, 2011 along with family. Should say the if one wants serenity and peaceful environment Lake House is the place to be. It's history as told by one of our guide is that it earlier belonged to a Britisher, after whose death was sold at a very low price to an organisation in Singapore. It really has the British feel with wooden flooring, fire place, cozy furniture. The chef is very warm and welcoming and is ready to cook whatever you want on best effort basis. We had few issues with food, since there wasn't much option for people who does not prefer eating meat. The rooms do not have any kind of interruption (i.e. no phone, tv, wifi etc.), there is just a heritage looking phone to call room service. Its fabulous to sit at their common balcony in front of the lake in the morning and evening and enjoy the "BOH" tea (Best of Highlands). I would definitely recommend the place for those who just do not want to be disturbed and have a relaxed stay.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Gaurav K

Reviewed November 23, 2011

We stayed at the Lakehouse for two nignts at the beginning of November 2011 - the first room we were given was very dirty, mould in the bathroom, taps that were broken etc etc, we asked to be moved, and were, to a much better suit. Hotel was very dirty throughout although staff tried their best and were very helpfull and polite albeit a bit quirky!
Food was very expensive and when paying over £100 for a two course meal and a bottle of wine one does not expect to be looking at a ripped standard lamp - that slightly spoils the ambience of a romantic evening.
Location was good overlooking the lake but little to do there apart from jungle trecking.

Room Tip: Go for the best you can afford
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank trelawney d
Reviewed October 28, 2011

My family (with 2 young children) stayed in mid October for one night. The Lakehouse has loads of 'olde English' charm and was impeccably neat inside and out. It is more a guest house than hotel with the common areas having an air of a set on Faulty Towers - without Basil around, thankfully. Smoking was permitted in the common rooms which was very annoying. The room was very good and spacious; no TV but that was no big deal. Watch out for the right bedside lamp in the main bedroom of Room 4, though, as it gave me an electric shock!! Bathroom facilities were good. WiFi is available on ground level at any time. The location is rather spectacular, apart from the murky brown lake. The town Ringlet is a few minutes away by car. The service standard was, well, a little weird. The staff spoke rather poor English and were rather quirky in their manner. When wanting to dine in the restaurant, for example, they made us sit on a lobby sofa to order our meal from the very limited menu selection until it was prepared and then led us to our table. We ordered our fillet steaks cooked medium and medium/well they both arrived cooked dry beyond being edible! My wife asked that it be returned and another prepared which they were more than happy to do. The next steak then arrived underdone. We didn't bother complaining again. The meals were also very expensive, relatively speaking, and were the most expensive meals we had in all of Malaysia yet one of the worst dining experiences. Breakfast was OK; nothing special and the selection a little limited. Would we stay there again? Probably not. Been there, done that. Our money would go further elsewhere judging by our fortnight experience in Malaysia. The city of Brinchang about 30 minutes further north had many hotel options and we'd try there next time.

Room Tip: Watch the bedside lamps as one in Room 4 gave me an electric shock.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
4  Thank D1A1
Krishna B, Manager at The Lakehouse, Cameron Highlands, responded to this reviewResponded November 13, 2011

Dear Guest,

We read this comment with great concern and appreciate your constructive feedback.

In our efforts to achieve high level of service where expectations are being anticipated and met, we have obviously faulted on this occasion.

Thank you for bringing to our attention the problems you experienced relating to the faulty bedside lamp and as well the quality of food at our restaurant which was not up to your expectation. These issues has been reviewed and addressed. We appreciate you constructive comments which allow us to continually improve ourselves. We look forward to your stay with us again.

For any further questions or clarification, I can be contacted directly at my email address at krishna@lakehouse-cameron.com