All reviews great resort beach view clean beach seafood pleasant stay breakfast spread squash atv sunrise
Reviewed March 7, 2016

I am here for one night only because of an emergency. This place is easy to find. You can waze the location. If you're from Kuala Lumpur, just head to Kuantan and exit Jabor. You will reach this resort in 15 minutes.

This is my first time ever to Cherating. I've requested an upper level room and they gave me 5th floor which is nice, sea view and a quiet place. There's a bar with live band performance daily.

Room is spacious and clean complete with coffee and tea, drinking water, toiletries.Only the television got not so much channel. I don't know about other room, but mine only can get 2-3 channel (local channel).

Overall, I love the location, I love the sound of the waves. You can get to the beach within walking distance.

Room tip: Choose upper level and sea view.
Date of stay: March 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed March 7, 2016 via mobile

We decided to stay there on the last minute and booked through Agoda. We booked a normal room which shouldn't have an ocean view but after asking at the reception they decided to grant us a favor. We got an update without paying extra. The staffs were very nice. The hotel was nice over but the floor was weirdly sticky. Renovation could come handy. For a relaxing rest but not too upscale. A bit pricey for backpackers. Get food from outside, right opposite the entryway to the resort. Much cheaper.

Date of stay: February 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed February 22, 2016

Been there for three days and two nights. Booked myself a room with the sea view hoping that I could have my rest and relax time imagining a beautiful room with a view.. But then felt disappointed with the deco. Not worth the money paid and in serious need of refurbishing. Everything were old and aging. The only thing that managed to wow me was the outdoor activity. I enjoyed the atv ride and the staffs were friendly and helpful. Ohh yeah..one more thing the pool well okay I guess if you're not fussy about the quality of water..hi hi

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed February 17, 2016

Stayed there 4 nights at the Junior Suite room.
Very comfortable for a family of four. You have 1 large room with King size bed, TV, wardrobe etc. Can add extra bed for two.
I large living room with TV, sofa set, kitchen cabinets (empty, no cutlery).
Facing the open sea from the balcony. That's the best part for me but the compressor positioning makes the balcony area hot if the air con is switched on. So, not good in that sense.
Huge bath, with bath tub, shower room. Great !
The resort itself has a lot things for you to do. You can play beach football, volleyball,
archery, kite flying is excellent as plenty of sea breeze all day. Batik painting, sand art for the little ones.
Sea wasn't great at this time as too strong a wave hit that week of our stay.
Otherwise wave play would have been really fun as we enjoyed that in our previous trips here.
Swimming pool is huge...shallow for the kids and water polo...deep pool for the serious swimmers.
The staffs are great and very friendly, so ask if you need anything.
Buffet breakfast is alright...have enough to fill you. Can't complain.
Overall hotel is old but well taken care.
Food outside the hotel...don't miss "Don't Tell My Mama" cafe by the beach.
Just 5 mins drive away from the hotel. Great western food, chill beer.
You can waze to find it.

So, in you are in Cherating, I would recommend to stay here.
Good luck !!

• Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank Bala_Reddi
Reviewed February 10, 2016 via mobile

We stayed in The Legend Cherating during the CNY holidays, as our choice accommodation for our trip to Kemaman to visit relatives.

Pros:
- Nice sandy beach and well-maintained poolside area, including the beautiful twin swimming pools flanked by a "rocky outcrop".
- Good range of outdoor activities, including ATV, archery, rabbit pen, playground, and numerous excursions to local attractions (fireflies watching, mangrove swamp, and turtle sanctuary).
- Convenient location (only 20 minutes from Kemaman and 5 minutes from Cherating Village, depending on traffic).
- Tasty snacks at Deep Sea Beach Bar (we had the Cucur Udang, although the Teh Tarik was a bit too sweet).
- Free newspaper (The Star) is provided.

Cons:
- Hotel is very ancient, and seems like the owners have never renovated the place since it first opened!
- Room is really old-school, with faulty entrance lights, cramped toilet, cracked door panel (toilet), no lights at coffee-making area, and uncomfortable bed + pillows.
- Lack of variety at the breakfast buffet served at Coconut Grove Coffee House.
- Security seems to be lacking, and anyone can access the supposedly restricted corridors heading to the rooms, even at late night hours.
- There seems to be a problem with sandflies at the beach, and I got bitten quite badly when playing with my wife and son at this area!

Conclusion:
It's quite likely that I will not return to The Legend until the resort has undergone its long-overdue renovation works. And looks like I'll look at Samsuria Residence, Club Med, or RW Kijal for future stays!

Trip type: Travelled with family