All reviews daddy's cafe nipah bay swimming pool family room pangkor island nice pool beach resort mezzanine floor pleasant stay lunch and dinner hornbills loft ship watersports eateries pax landscape
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We visited as a couple and were pretty satisfied for the price paid. The location of the hotel is excellent. You just need to cross the road to get to Nipah beach or a 2 min walk to Coral beach. I had a swim in coral beach and it was clean and warm. Also the sea views are unobstructed with no port/building/ ship views to spoil it unlike other parts of the island. The hotel itself is quite small. If you want privacy go for the Special deluxe rooms on the 4th floor. With a wide balcony and hammock with rainforest views and a partial sea view, its pretty romantic. Room has all the amneties including complete toileteries, iron, ironing board,hairdryer,water kettle, cups/plate/cutlery/ coffee and tea as well as a microwave. The washroom is a little warn out but the shower has hot water with good pressure. There is a daybed under the window which is very comfortable. Do be warned there is no lift so you need to climb up 4 stories. For those with children, I would suggest the ground floor rooms which open to the pool. The pool is small, but clean. Be warned though- it may be crowded.Take a walk down the road and there is a whole row of shops directly next to the hotel. Enjoy seafood set meals (grilled fish/prawn/squid/rice/veg) for RM 60 (2 pax) . There is even a Thai food shop. There is no alcohol at the hotel, but you can get it at the convinence shops just down the road. There are also plenty of souvenir stalls. Breakfast was pleasant enough, but do go early.You can get to the hotel using the pink van ( RM 8/person/one way) and there are pink vans at the taxi stand near the road or just get the hotel to call one for you. Would NOT recomend getting there by bike as the road is pretty steep. Hotel is about 15 mins from jetty. Saw quite a few hornbills upclose at the pool area.All in all- its a good value hotel.

Date of stay: November 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed October 17, 2018

Anjungan Beach Resort definitely exceeded our expectations. My girlfriend and i were welcomed by friendly staff and a clean room with a really nice view of the pool. The breakfast was nice with a good variety - we didn't try the lunch menu tho. The place is perfectly placed between the two main beaches and with a great variety of different street hawkers just outside. The place is kept super clean but did suffer from a few ants at the pool and on the balcony - however, the story is the same everywhere else on the island and it wasn't a problem. Will definitely recommend Anjungan if you're looking for at comfortable place to stay while visiting Pangkor.
Bonus: Grown hornbill birds fly around in the afternoon.

Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed October 4, 2018 via mobile

I took a solo overnight trip for my second visit to Pangkor and I couldn’t have been more pleased with my stay at Anjungan Beach Resort. Although I arrived early to check-in, my room was ready and perfectly prepared. I chose a Deluxe Double Room which had more than enough space for two guests, so I very much enjoyed having it to myself. My room had a balcony overlooking the pool which was a nice little bonus! All of the staff were super friendly and happy to accommodate my requests, including helping me book a massage (for women only; I would highly recommend). The complimentary breakfast had many options and left me feeling fully satisfied. Upon checkout the reception staff were happy to store my bags for me so I could explore the island for a little longer before leaving, which I greatly appreciated! The location of Anjungan is ideal, what with it being situated so close to Nipah Bay & Coral beach, and I’d certainly stay here again should I return to Pangkor!

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed September 16, 2018

Checked in for a night stay with my partner, the resort was smaller and more average than expected. There was not even a proper lobby for check-in, the reception is at the dining area. The place was clean, room was quite roomy but the toilet was a bit worn out. Staff service was decent, had the honeymoon package for my room which turned out quite nice. The only complain would be the small swimming pool which does not have a strict dress code. Other travellers simply would go in without proper swimwear and that is extremely unhygienic. Other than that it was a pleasant stay.

Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed September 10, 2018

Basic hotel. nothing to talk home abt. The best thing of this hotel was the pool. breakfast was not bad. staff was helpful and cordial. great location - spent most of our time at the beaches nearby... lots of eateries nearby as well.

Date of stay: August 2018