“Food was tasty and fresh but staff has cool attitude”

Sea Pearl Lagoon Cafe
Ranked #951 of 1,214 Restaurants in George Town
Price range: US$5 - US$10
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed December 21, 2019 via mobile

This restaurant has been my family favourite restaurant in Penang. We are sure to come here for every visit.

We ordered 2kgs Crab, 2kgs Prawn and 7coconuts for 9pax. Bill was RM280. Seafood was fresh and tasty.

We also ordered fried meehon for 1pax and cost RM15. Expensive and very small portion.

Surprise to see very few customers on weekend. I guess the staffs attitude (and customers review) was indirectly affecting their biz.

The main reason we ate here was to VISIT AVATAR of Penang. Really worth visiting. My mom really enjoyed the nite lights. However, they shud install more lights to lite up the stairs area. Old people has visual difficulty. No one collecte entrance fee.

Good and enjoyable visit.

Date of visit: December 2019
1  Thank AdeGan123
Write a reviewReviews (98)

Reviewed September 1, 2019

There was a slight drizzle, so we decided to eat here. Wanted to order prawns and other food. But there's this waiter that insisted that only by ordering Crabs then we are allowed to sit. What kind of restaurant insist on what you eat!?? Impossible! I'd warn my friends not to visit here. Daylight robbery!

Date of visit: September 2019
Reviewed June 23, 2019

When we want to find place and sit, one waiter keep on asking us to order crab and insisted these tables are for crabs. So we order 3KG of crabs, rm65 for each kg of crabs. The worst part is that these crabs are NOT FRESH. They cooked it during afternoon and serve us at night. Can you imaging these crabs was cooked and left there for 6 hours more? My wife ate it and feel stomach pain on next day with food poisoning. She must see doctor for injection. Our journey was spoil because of these NOT FRESH crabs.

For the char hor fun and mee (for 2 people) costs RM20 each. We ordered 3 mees and it cost me RM60. Is it crazy? We also ordered 2 plate of prawn and these prawn not fresh as well.

Guys NEVER NEVER go to this place anymore, you will have food poisoning for order the Crabs because it is NOT FRESH and only cooked in afternoon. Waiter bad attitude, expensive food.

Date of visit: June 2019
1  Thank Gavin T
Reviewed June 16, 2019

Went there for a quick dinner and I have been looking forward to their salted prawns that I loved, turn out huge disappointment!

Staff: must order at least 1kg crabs and 1kg prawns
Me: But I don't want crabs...
Staff: sorry no 'prawns only'
Me: what about I order clams?
Staff: you just sit lah...
No order was taken, because we didn't order crabs.
Me: wtf?

Service is just horrible. It's sad to see (used to be) friendly local restaurant that I used to like turnout to an errogant restaurant. I will never visit/recommend this place ever again.

Date of visit: June 2019
Reviewed May 23, 2019 via mobile

Sand fly all over the places with bugs, we asked and hope for some assistance unfortunately nothing came to help us. So we tried to moved the table ourselves which cause the worker/ boss dissatisfied and move back out table leaving us speechless. We ended up finish it quickly and leave asap. Such a unpleasant experience. In additional, the crab served is not delicious at all.

Date of visit: May 2019