All reviews shared bathroom the ground floor deluxe double room walking distance little india budget hotel the hotel is clean family room nice stay air conditioning standard room lobby area cendol love lane hotel is located stayed for nights food stalls
Reviewed September 1, 2018 via mobile

I booked this hotel based on what they’ve posted in their image and it was slightly ok. But then when I check in and stayed, the WiFi is super slow, when I complained to front office, they said they will fix soon but they failed to do till my checkout. There were two ladies at the counter and were rude to me and very unprofessional. Whatever I say, the reply I get is “complain to owner”, they’ve been repeating this as I know the owner. Initially I wanted to extend the room but then I made my mind to stay only 1 night and next day I checked out! Horrible stay!! So stay alert when you book this property!!

Date of stay: September 2018
Reviewed August 24, 2018

Room was very plain but was relatively clean. There was only one plug which was up high which makes it awkward to charge your phone. This was a room for two so was even more annoying. You also have to leave your keycard in the slot to get electricity so when you leave the room you cant leave the aircon on or charge anything.

Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed August 13, 2018 via mobile

Check in was smoothed but when entered the room,the door didnt closed nicely. Bedsheet feel very itchy and there's no cover for the pillowcase as well. The front desk and housekeeping supervisor just simply gived uncompleted room with no towels inside the bathroom. Environment was great,starategic place too.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed July 17, 2018

On the positive side, staff were friendly and helpful, a lady even rang my mobile to remind me of turning off my car front lights.
Location wise, it's located right in the centre of Georgetown. It does provide bike for patrons to roam around this heritage city on the condition of a RM50 deposit.
Upon arrival, was told that they "upgrade" my room from deluxe to a family room as the latter was fully booked. However the upgraded family room which is situated at righest corner of ground floor was not well-ventilated and dimly-lit. I was concerned about privacy issue hence didn't open the windows for fresh air.
The room itself looked so much different from what displayed on website, but acceptable for a short stopover like one or two nights.

Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed July 10, 2018 via mobile

Chulia hote located at strategic location. Easy access to many interesting foodies place. We just can walk to line clear nasi kandar, toe chew cendol, ais tingkap, armenian street etc. we took grab to padang kota at rm4 only. Parking space at chualia hotel very limited. Overall hotel service ; clean and friendly

Date of stay: June 2018