All reviewsowner kenttoilet showerlove laneshared bathroomguest houseon arrivalstreet artlocation is excellenta great place to stayblue mansionhotel is locatedcafegeorgetownpenangchinesehousekeepercomfort
Reviewed February 2, 2018 via mobile

Charming, Georgetown building centrally located. Kent, the friendly owner, has done an amazing job of creating some unique charming spaces in this classic building.

I stayed in the back in a loft with an open upstairs bath and small table. Lush with a tropical walkway.

But sadly, the bright but peeling paint upstairs, a persistent smell of mildew throughout, 2 graying, rag "bath" towels never replaced over 3 nights, questionable bedding with one sheet, and absolutely no room clean-up by 2 service women who basically sit around all day left me feeling more like I stayed in a neglected vision of Cool than a unique Boho-Local Color hostel.

The downstairs spaces have a sweet antique'ish atmosphere, but feel overstocked as in a warehouse sale. Suggest Kent thinned some out tables and create a common sofa space by the skyway-garden pool as my and neighbors' rooms were too small to hang out

Ken plays great music and I can see more folks drinking and kibitzing here.

But as it is, I wouldn't stay here again...

Stayed: December 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed December 7, 2017 via mobile

This place can be hard to find, especially when you’re looking for an exterior as it’s shown on Booking.com as it is no longer like that.
I’m confused by the high number of other reviews raving about this place. On arrival I clearly needed to just sit for a moment as I’d just walked from the bus-stop with my backpack.... but the lady didn’t recognise this and was insisting I pay for something straight away.
Walls are ultra thin (in fact they don’t even go up to the ceiling), so you can literally here everything from the neighbouring rooms.
The worst thing is the shared bathroom in which you literally have to walk a distance outside (often in the rain) to get to it. Then when you get there, the whole toilet is saturated as rain actually comes into the area also.... not cool.
I personally found Kent to be overbearing and quite forceful in his recommendations, but I guess that’s just me.
Fact is, there are much better options on Muntri just meters away from this place which are not necessarily on the booking websites. Places where you’ll get a proper room including an ensuite at a much cheaper price.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed December 5, 2017 via mobile

We stayed 5 nights at the MoonTree47 guesthouse and had a great time. The room (doublebed) was very cozy, probably because there are several biiig windows. The owner Kent is such a cool guy.. he waited for our arrival (which was quite late due to a delay of the train), let us extend our stay for 2 extra nights and provided us with city maps, good food advise and lovely (selfmade) postcards. The guesthouse itself has a lot of charme! It‘s a not really soundproofed, but we figured this is the case also in other guesthouses, since many of them are located in old heritage houses. When you like cats, this is even more your place to go. Mimi and Blacky always enjoy to be petted. We would definitely stay here again!

Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed August 9, 2017 via mobile

Kent is a charming host. His hostel is everything you looking for in George Town: authentic with a perfect situation. The room is very nice, and you'll find everything you need there. Kent is full of good adresses and really helpful. I highly recommand Moontree 47 !

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Constance P
Reviewed July 28, 2017 via mobile

This is a good place to stay if you are going to explore GeorgeTown, the location is excellent. The accommodation is basic but very clean and Kent is a great host. You are really close to Love Lane where you can enjoy drinks and food.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends