“Birthday Gift”
Review of The Sire Museum Restaurant - CLOSED

The Sire Museum Restaurant
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Reservations
Description: The Sire Museum Restaurant is situated within the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Georgetown. We serve contemporary western cuisine and a few local favorites. The museum at the back portion of the building features the story of a philanthropist, Yeap Chor Ee.More info/photos available on Facebook
Reviewed August 19, 2013

Absolutely loved this restaurant. Melissa and I accidently stubble upon this restaurant while looking for another restaurant.
The service and food was fantastic. I had the foie gras salad and my friend had the Caesar salad. The foie gras was amazing.
We also celebrated my 19th birthday here.
It was perfect.
P.S. The cake was awesome

Reviewed August 12, 2013

Came here with my husband and was very pleasantly surprised. The staff were great and very attentive. The food was very good and the pumkin soup is definitely worth trying. The museum within the restaurant was nice way to discover some of Penangs history regarding one of its most influential families. I will definitely come here again.

Reviewed August 4, 2013

We have just eaten there and I must say that the salmon salad was really good and so was the pumpkin soup that my husband ordered. As for the pizza ,it was made with really fresh ingredients and more than enough for two people , I couldn’t finish it. My husband ordered spaghetti carbonara and although it was a special kind of carbonara (with shrimp , mussels…),the taste was great. For dessert we ordered black & white cake and it was amazing.It included two pieces of cake ,ice-cream and some fruit, delicious!.The service was very efficient.It was pricey but worth it.The restaurant was beautiful, we had lunch in the indoor garden.

Reviewed July 29, 2013

A great museum/restaurant in penang. By far one of the beter places to go to when looking for european food. Good and friendly service.The museum shows à rich history of penang with the main focus on the family of Yeap Chor ee. Very interesting how big of an influence one person can have. All in all à good restaurant and an interesting museum to visit when in Penang!

Reviewed July 13, 2013

Tried dinner, food quality considered good, nothing too fancy, nice experience, museum was closed by the time we reached. Recommended if you have got bored of the local food.